CHAPTER 3- KEN

ROSE: Oh my God!

I opened my mouth in shock as I glanced up at the overarching ceiling several meters high, the place was big, too big and I was greatly confused.

That was impossible, how could a place like this exist inside a small building, it went against the laws of physics I think.

I saw several kinds of people from different countries all placing bets on different games. There were several long betting tables surrounded by people cheering happily and shouting.

''How?'' I said in shock, I was lost for words.

The building had several chandeliers lined up on the ceilings, with music playing everywhere. All sorts of decorations hung about, several long trees were planted and they touched the ceiling.
The people I saw here were in the hundreds, all were mostly dressed in extravagant costumes, some wore masks along with their dresses and suits.

Large bronze window frames towering all the way to the ceiling caught my eye.

"This is impossible" I mouthed silently.

I walked slowly towards one after I bumped into a couple clearly having the time of their lives but my attention was strictly on the huge window mainly because out the window wasn't the outside I expected to see.

Once I got close enough I gasped, the view before me was a spectacular view of the eternal city Rome, Italy... was that Rome?

Yes, I recognized the infrastructure of the city, the splendid design of one of the oldest cities as well as one of the greatest tourist sites in the world.

This had to be some sort of trick.

I looked in amazement as the people of Rome went about their business totally oblivious. I spotted several pigeons pass by as people walked about.

I looked at the view- It had to be a camera I was looking through.

I was certain that this was a view from either a big camera or a satellite, it was definitely something similar to what those government facilities had but I was suddenly proven wrong.

I saw one particular man in a tux, pass by me and calmly without any hesitation open the huge window and a sudden warm air flew at me.

The window creaked a little but it swung open easily.

My eyes traced the huge bronze window up to the ceiling as it opened and I almost gave a yelp as the man stepped out into the view before me and continued down the road that led to a particular shop in Rome.

What had just happened?

The man was in Rome, I watched in awe as he began a conversation with a couple of girls clearly thrilled by the way he spoke to them.
I wondered how the people didn't see that a huge window was ajar but no one cast even a glance at my direction.

I suddenly saw a small van drive up towards the window and the driver made no signal that he was stopping.

I took a step back as the car suddenly seemed just about to come flying through the open window.

Just at the last minute as I took several steps back, the car was gone. In a flash, as the car seemed ready to come flying straight at me, it just vanished.

''Amazing isn't it?'' I heard a voice behind me.

I spun around to see a young man in his early 20's smile at me.

He had a very handsome face, very square-ish with bushy eyebrows, long black hair that reached his shoulders, pink lips, and such deep brown eyes.

There was something else too, he may have had good looks but he exhumed danger, whether it was from him or it was danger aimed at him I couldn't tell.

I could tell he was more than he looked as he smiled at me.

He was hot, almost too hot, like the guys I occasionally saw on magazines. Plus, his sleek tux was doing him wonders.

''My name is Ken, sorry to startle you'' he said with one of the cutest smiles I had ever seen that I blushed instantly. His voice was a bit deep and he had almost had a British accent but not completely.

''I-it's ok'' I assured him, smiling quickly.

''That magic has always fascinated me'' he said glancing at the window as he pocketed.

''M-Magic?'' I stammered as I also glanced at the window.
I looked to see him give me a weird look before giggling slightly, "Yes beautiful, magic"

I laughed with him, "Always feels like I'm dreaming like it's all unreal" I quickly added.

Good save Rose, real convincing...stupid.

"I understand the feeling, it's all very dreamy" he looked around, "Just look at that"

I followed his gaze to the skies and opened my mouth in shock. Apples, Pineapples and all forms of fruits floated in the air.

How didn't I notice it before?

"Wow," I muttered.

The Ken guy smiled with his white dreamy teeth.

''It is not any ordinary magic to create a doorway of this magnitude four...no five times'' he said as he counted the remaining windows.

I didn't know how to respond not just because I was shy but I literally had nothing to say, I still hadn't processed what just happened.

This has to be a dream because this Ken guy is too dreamy!

***

GOT ANY QUESTIONS?

SUSPICIOUS OF KEN?

FEEL FREE, YOUR VIEWS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

OH DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AS WELL❤️