B.THE FAMILY CODE

VINCENT: I opened the door with such speed that the motorcyclist braked hard as the rear went up in mid-air.

That's cool.

I took my step out the running road and with a deep exhale I ran at the same speed of the car's pace. Without hesitation, I ran towards the first biker that came at me fast.

We were both going at a speed of above 60km.

Time it well.

The attacker came at me with speed aiming to knock me down instantly. I increased my pace and jumped high.

With my earlier move, I head-locked the human and flew him off his bike. I also used my leg to lock his left arm making him drop his weapon.

For a brief second, I spotted the other cyclist look at me in fright, his widened eyes looked at me in disbelief.

The next thing both the man and I were rolling uncontrollably along the road. Pain grabbed a hold of my arms and knees but I was far better off than the human.

I had enough experience to know how to tuck and roll in this situation.

With a little effort I pulled at the man's arm hard, he screamed in agony but stopped as a deep bone-crunching sound followed.

His helmet rolled off before we finally halted, the man screamed in pain.

I breathed heavily and looked at the bloody blade, that move wasn't expertly done. I should've been able to break his arm without the knife.

If Father saw that move he'd be furious. All the time the man shouted in agony.

"Oh come on, you're lucky it's not your head" I hastily grabbed his other arm and removed his gloves.

He had the tattoo of three arrows interlaced. I had researched many cults and human groups but none like these symbols.

Who were these hunters?

"What's this? What tattoo is this?"

"Fuck you!"Came the reply.

I smiled and pressed his dislocated arm hard, as expected he yelled like a dog and suddenly blacked out.

I was genuinely shocked "You're kidding me right?"

Silence.

He was actually knocked out.

I stood up and looked at the passed out man before running ahead.

Go, Vince!

Running for a vampire was life, our accelerated ability to move at high speeds gave us an advantage over most magical beings.

Within seconds Boris speeding car and the pursuing cyclist came into view. I could hear shots, there was a lot of precious cargo in the car.

I increased my pace, swinging my arms more fluidly until everything around me was a fast blur.

The six cyclists kept shooting at the car but suddenly Boris turned hard left, very unexpected for the attackers and four were knocked to the floor.

They rolled out of view and just as one more of the attackers came up next to the driver seat Boris simply rolled down his window.

Within a second he was holding the attacker's neck and the bike crashed into a tree with no driver.

Show off!

I focused on the other cyclist on the other side and ran faster.

Another two seconds and I was running next to the last attacker, he looked at me and fired at me with one hand.