B.THE GREAT ALLAN MEROE

ALLAN: I glanced below me, as I descended in what felt like slow motion. I felt fear but happiness was hidden amongst it as I whooped with joy.

"The great Allan Meroe!"

My thrill immediately vanished as a realization dawned on me and I knew I'd not escape this unscathed.

Crap.

Ever made a decision that made you feel cool but you instantly regretted it when you realized the gravity of that choice?

Well...I should've just taken the stairs. Falling to your death always feels unreal, as if you were in a dream, a surprisingly convincing dream.

I can't believe I screwed up.

It's not like I didn't have experience climbing walls and jumping over edges, heck this wasn't the first time I used this particular way to escape but I didn't factor in that there were renovations.

I couldn't have dodged the large chimney that flew straight at my body.

What's a chimney even doing here?

A pain...that old friend of mine visited my ribs as I impacted the structure below me resulting in my body pivoting to the right and sliding on a reclined tiled roof.

A house, this far up...a Royal's?

I couldn't stop my momentum as I continually slid down, spreading dust ''Oh crap!'' I shouted as I reached the edge.

I already knew what followed after that and before I knew it I was staring down at the world below, only this time, the world looked tiny.

I knew without a doubt that I was several feet high from my death...no biggie. Soon enough I was falling head first off the roof.

I only had a second to see the owner of the house open his window in frustration ''Who is?'' He started but stopped.

He stared with wide eyes as I fell past him, maybe it was fate or the universe was on my side but as it turned out luck was on my side as my hand unconsciously grabbed the very window the man opened.

The window jerked forward making the man jump back a bit but the window door didn't fall but made an odd creaking sound.

I looked down and tried to control my rapid breathing, dust and rocks bounced down from the roof

"See. Just like I planned it." I lied to myself again.

Too close.

The hinges seemed to be quite strong but I was certain it'd break off very soon.

I looked about frantically thinking of my next solution and just as I stretched my hands to climb inside I caught sight of the man still in shock.

He was completely naked save for the pink towel around his waist.

Okay...awkward.

We found ourselves staring at each other like complete idiots.

The man looked to be young but the dark circles around his eyes made him look older, he was probably exhausted from work and here I was, Santa Claus.

No words ensued between us as we stared at each other for what almost felt like an eternity before I smiled ''Morning.''

He nodded awkwardly and as if that was the signal the window door creaked heavily and the sounds of cracking ensued.

Oh shit!

Suddenly I heard footsteps...or rather talons, I looked up in horror as one by one the vultures peaked their heads at me.