CHAPTER 2- REVELATION

SEVERAL HOURS EARLIER...

VICTORIA: I really hoped the Rose girl wouldn't follow me into the bar, there was no way Owen would've tried to stop her.

I opened the worn out door and as expected instead of looking at the interior of a run-down bar, I was looking at a huge casino.

It's still impressive.

Big time Havens always looked grand but this was quite expensive, whoever was in charge was quite wealthy.

I looked at people dressed extravagantly, a number of them were normal humans. I was taught by Theo that there were some people of non-magic origins who could develop 'The sight'.

The sight is the ability to see magical beings, that's why some people sometimes feel like there is someone watching them or see something that isn't there.

Though it varies amongst people, the sight can be developed through many means, be it stress, grief, happiness, etc.

Humans who first discover the ability to see magic are first, of course, scared but after they get used to it, they resolve to try to make money out of it.

And thus, they normally find themselves in havens, magical safe houses, thinking they have a real shot at glory.

It's sad really, only a few make it.

Everyone else has sight, it's as simple as breathing and actually a requirement. Having 'the sight' is rarely an achievement for magical beings.

Having 'The Divine Sight' whilst a normal human is another thing altogether. It is a rare thing even amongst magical creatures.

The ability to see the future and even places out of view is what brought about the name 'Divine'.

"Welcome, Welcome to relaxation and thrills, please make yourselves at home. Drinks and food of various kinds are sold here" a voice echoed.

I made my way towards a bar full of drinks and glass, "How May I help you?" The bartender said in a gruff voice.

He was big, that was the most important description of him, the rest didn't really matter, "I'd like to go somewhere" I said as I sat on a standing chair.

The bar had several boxes lined up with different symbols, I recognized a few, the symbol of two scorpions.

Their tails formed semi-circles, it was the symbol of the Giant Beasts of The Red Curse. From what my father told me, there were giant beasts bigger than the average human ruling the land.

It was said that in those times, Giants, Orcs and all manner of beings existed but were now extinct.

Floating cups and bottles grabbed my attention, "Are you going for business or pleasure?" The bartender asked quickly.

"Is there a difference?"

The man snorted, "Things can be gained both ways but one is more likely to end you dead"

"Well, I'm here for business," I said confidently though there was a hint of nervousness.

The bartender smiled, "That was a good choice, between you and I, I suggest you say that if you meet anyone else."

I nodded and said 'thanks'.

"Now we have two main underground rooms, all equally dangerous but all guarantee you information and pleasure. There is the Room of Secrets, it is a more diverse room, you can find all manner of information there. The other Room is known as GUXCINI, a room directly governed by the Vampire Council and as you can guess, only particular kinds are allowed there, which will it be?"

I thought for a while, which room was he likely to be in?

"I'm guessing you won't tell me which is more dangerous?"

The bartender laughed as he flicked his finger and a mug flew to a customer on my left, "I like you girl, you're very blunt"

I shrugged, "I just need to find some information from a friend fast"

"I suggest you don't rush little girl, it could end you up in trouble. Lots of people here end up missing when they aren't prepared."

"I'm not a little girl" I fumed.

He laughed again, "My apologies, though you'll have to prove it once you go downstairs, you mustn't give off any sense of nervousness."

"I'll try to keep that in mind...so where is the place?"

"Wouldn't you like a drink first, perhaps Pixie Wine or Hell's Fire?"

"No, not really" I responded as I glanced at another bartender grabbing hold of a pixie tied and using a small knife slit its throat.

The Pixie squealed in agony struggling against the ropes before becoming still.

Glowing blood poured into a glass as it was squeezed out of the lifeless being. Once that was done, the bartender mixed the contents with another drink and served it to a couple.

The couple was dressed as if they were chilling in Las Vegas or a club.

They eagerly drank the glowing liquid, it changed color from blue to red. Pixie blood was known for its elixir qualities, so they were hunted regularly.

Pixies were not just wanted for their blood, their entire body was very expensive parts wanted which was deplorable and sad.

"Not really interested in drinks like that"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I understand" the man said apologetically but took a swig of a Pixie blood drink before my eyes.

I held in my disgust, "I seek to gain access to the Room of Secrets then"

"Okay, I hope you are not new to what goes around for payment here?" The bartender said grimly.

I nodded and took out a red colored coin, an emblem of a human skeleton decorated the object.

"One Hollow should be enough right?"

He smiled slightly, "For you ma'am, it should suffice. Please follow me." He took the coin and left the bar.

I looked one more time at the large casino bungling with laughter and music before following the bartender.

We soon reached a gold-colored elevator door, the design on the door was beautiful, several lines in a pattern, "Head down to Floor 696, the place of Damnation"

I rolled my eyes, really creepy, "Thank you"

Entering the elevator calmly, I looked back at him, "Anything else I should know?"

He smiled before the door closed, "Don't look lost"

***

GOT ANY QUESTIONS?

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, YOUR VIEWS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...