B.MS. APPLE'S HAVEN

ROSE: Me?

The confetti kept falling as balloons suddenly made their way towards me as if they were alive.

I looked around and though people seemed to be still celebrating and smiling, there was now no doubt that they were all looking at me.

Eyes upon eyes upon eyes were all on me, "What?" I whispered undertone.

I started to feel threatened and putting up a fake smile.

I began to back away but I was blocked by the female dancers as they decided to dance in my way but I sensed danger.

There was definitely something very wrong happening.

Everyone kept laughing and drinking but their eyes never left me, I started to push my way through the dancers.

"Excuse me," I said as I tried to make my way out, "Ex...excuse me"

''🎶Yes, I sense it, the aura of a Circle, it's strong, it's blooming but small, a tiny denticle'' Ms. Apple sang.

I pushed against the dancers but they didn't seem to budge.

Move!

''🎶Bring her to me, I'd love to hold and see, the ancient power hidden, inside her body ridden, it's all too much to bear for her I'll help her never feel aware'' suddenly the dancers moved me about with incredible strength.

I felt my body swooped up as sudden blue cloth wrapped itself around my body.

"Hey" I shouted, I couldn't see past the blue material in front of me, "Let go!"

My sight got blurry as I felt my body spin as the laughter and clapping continued.

Stop!

The world kept spinning in my head until I was seated on a chair on the stage next to Ms. Apple.

I glanced at the crowd that had now stopped clapping but looked on in delight, some were drinking, some were eating muffins.

The music had reduced down as Ms. Apple looked at me with curiosity.

She bent low and stared at me hard, "My my my"

I looked at the woman's bulging nose and multi-colored lipstick, her cheeks were inflated.

''Dear child, what is your name?'' she finally spoke instead of singing.

I began to sweat as I replied slowly, ''R-Rose''

The crowd made sounds of admiration and giggles.

''You are a long way from home aren't you, child?''

She stroked my hair and ran her chubby fingers along my face and down my neck.

I trembled as I watched her intently, ''You have no idea what you are, do you?'' she giggled.

"What do you mean?" I asked hesitantly which resulted in earnest reedy laughter.

''Oh how deliciously dramatic''

I scanned the whole place for the exit but I couldn't find it. I didn't actually know what it looked like.

Come on Rose, figure a way out.

''My, my, my, you would fetch a mighty price in the black market, even Thomis-Heracleion would be open to someone like me if I sell you there''

The crowd laughed in response.

Ms. Apple reached for her hat and plucked out grapes and chewed on them slowly as if savoring the taste.

She made a sound of delightful satisfaction once she had finished downing her grapes.

''Or would you like to work for me, you'll be more useful as my servant'' she said with a wolfish snarl.

I didn't know what response would be best not to anger the woman, I could sense that she had anger temperament.

''Not since the Night War has a Circle being sited, it is a miracle in itself. This my dear customers is a blessing from the heavens, a testament to this casino, we deserve to have this girl and decide what we want to do with her'' the people cheered in unison.

Ms. Apple touched me once more, moving her fingers on my cheeks, down to my body and suddenly she shrieked.

''No! no!''

She yelled in terror as she took several steps away from me in such a hurry she toppled back and fell to the floor.

The crowd suddenly gasped in worry, the music immediately stopped and silence at long last was present and heavy.

''She has been marked!'' Ms. Apple said pointing at me in fear, I looked at her in fright and confusion –what did she mean?

I looked around to see people back away as if I was a monster.

What did she mean, I was marked?

***

GOT ANY QUESTIONS?

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, YOUR VIEWS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...