D.CLOSE CALL

ALLAN: Run fool!

Immediately I jumped off the boat as the beast began sprinting after me, two trees instantly exploded as the tiger burst through.

I swam fast for the bank and once I got there I began to run as fast as my legs could carry me, the huge cat followed me roaring so loud my eardrums hurt.

I looked back to see the creature break down another pair of trees as it's body impacted them, splinters of wood were sent everywhere.

I looked around if I didn't find a solution quickly the beast would devour me instantly.

The beast roared again and several birds flew away in fright, I run as fast as I could, I looked at my surroundings.

I needed to find high ground, it wouldn't stop the beast but at least it'd slow it down a bit.

More trees crashed down spreading dust in a wide area, I didn't even dare slow down, not even when a particular tree was flung in the air and it rolled after me.

Rocks flew in all directions as the tree collided with other trees and I barely missed being smashed.

''Come on Meroe, think!'' I yelled to myself and just at that moment I looked back in time to see the cat leap up.

I had only a second to think fast as the huge five-meter creature begun to land in my direction.

Without a moment's hesitation, I jumped forward towards the cat as it thundered a few feet behind me.

Grass spread about as the cat slowly stood up and faced me snarling with enraged eyes, saliva oozed down from its huge canines and landed on the ground.

I wished that I had the Pteroleon with me now.

The cat prepared to pounce again as it used its claws to scratch the ground. I slowly took steps back as I planned my escape.

I was in such a shitty predicament, the environment was a flat terrain and except the many trees, there wasn't a place I could climb up around.

The Sun shone through the dust that had enveloped the place, I looked to my left to see a large field of tall grass.

There! Go!

I sprinted towards that side and the beast followed closely, a few more trees suffered its wrath before we were in open space.

Another roar followed but I didn't look back, I focused on reaching the other forest where there seemed to be a lot more terrain and upper grounds.

''Come on!' I encouraged myself –I couldn't die here.

The floor shook as the beast followed closely behind and I realized that the cat's large open mouth was a few feet from my legs.

I run even faster, ''No, no, no!'' I shouted as the beast jumped once more and I knew despite my resolve, it was futile –this was the end.

Suddenly, fire came out of literally thin air, the beast avoided the stream of orange and red in time and rolled on its side spreading even more debris.

I ducked low under the maize fields and crawled as the beast's scream's echoed in my ears.

''Meroe!'' I heard a female voice. I struggled to lift my head despite the soil raining down from the explosion.

A woman stood not too far away, she wore a wine colored dress, her hair was silver colored and cut short and she wore glasses. Her face looked acute, striking eyes with a long neck and had such beautiful small lips. She looked directly at me.

''Come, now!'' she yelled.

I looked back to see the cat after it recovered from the attack and ran after me again, I stood up at once and ran towards the stranger. I didn't care that I didn't know the woman, I just knew she was my savior.

I reached her in time, ''Get behind me'' she said as she stretched her hand at the beast and fire erupted again out of her hands.

Now that I was close to the woman, I noticed something crawling around her neck, a green lizard, no it wasn't a lizard as the creature spanned its wings –I gasped, it was a miniature version of a dragon.

A Dragon Knight!

I heard about them in stories, they were powerful, an army that could only be ordered by a warlord, they were the warlord's personal army and most of them worked for the two most powerful of all warlords, two mages of fire and water.

''I've been expecting you, your father told me you'd be here'' the woman said coolly as she continued to block the creature's path. The beast was relentless and despite the fire in its way it still attempted to attack.

Why was it so intent on killing me?

''This beast won't rest till it has your head when I say so hold onto me tightly and don't let go, you hear me?'' she said strictly.

I nodded looking at the big black cat or Sabertooth, the beast hissed and snarled at me, licking its mouth. 

It never stopped showing its huge teeth that were the size of my arm, its whole body shivered as it tried again but was blocked by more fire that erupted.

I looked at its eye that never stopped gleaming at me, I saw its green eyes blink as I suddenly didn't feel very afraid again. I clenched my fist and glared back at the monster and for just a second, the cat took a step back.

''Meroe, now!'' the woman yelled and I grabbed hold of her dress. 

The next thing I knew I felt the world spinning uncontrollably as if the world itself spun. Everything went so fast that I began to feel nauseous and I slowly blacked out as the roars of the cat were only a distant echo.

***

GOT ANY QUESTIONS?

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, YOUR VIEWS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...