C.MOONSVILLE FINALLY

SOMEWHERE...

TAYLOR: I swung my axe hard at the chopped up wood and it split up immediately as the blade sliced through cleanly. I cleaned my sweat and glanced at the pile of wood I had cut.

It was getting dark, ''Taylor please hurry to make sure you feed the herd and the horses. When you done come inside for dinner!'' I heard Mrs. Smith call out from the distant house.

I smiled and waved, ''I will'' I shouted back.

I cut another fresh batch of wood and then proceeded to the pen where the sheep made loud sounds of hunger.

I smiled as I proceeded to go fetch their meal in the barn but suddenly I smelled an unfamiliar scent and I pricked my ears and listened intently and gasped –there was no doubt about it, there was an intruder!

I ran towards the pen and jumped over the fence towards the origin of the smell and my suspicion was confirmed.

This is bad!

The black-skinned wolf snarled at me, as it moved about clearly intent on attacking the sheep, the sheep all ran away as I confronted the beast.

The wolf revealed its fangs and threatened to attack, glaring at me with intent to kill.

I didn't retreat but I looked the predator in the eye with full courage. The wolf snarled warning me once more to back off and I refused and without a sudden warning, the wolf leaped and sprinted towards me.

Focusing on the wolf, I felt my teeth change shape, it was always painful to turn but I had learned of control.

Stay calm, stay calm!

I only needed to turn my teeth and claws, my teeth grew longer in size till they resembled the wolf's and my fingernails grew in shape and size till they were claws.

I snarled at the wolf and a wave or rather an aura of hostility manifested out at the sound of my voice, the sheep all ran away from me as well as they didn't recognize me again.

The wolf looked at me in confusion and I took a step forward and taking a deep breath and making sure not to lose control I stamped the ground.

It shook the wolf back as the floor shuddered, soil and grass went in the air up to my ankles as I stamped making the wolf aware of my territory.

The wolf took several steps back as I moved forward, ''Go find prey elsewhere'' I snarled, the wolf growled a bit then realizing my power, it whined softly and ran back to the nearby forest howling.

I looked around and sniffed the air to be sure there was no pack.

A lone wolf, that's good.

I caught sight of a reflection of myself in a puddle of water that formed due to the strange heavy rain that occurred days ago.

My eyes glowed bright yellow and extra hair had grown all over the sides of my face and my ears had grown longer to that of a wolf.

My canine teeth were much longer than my ordinary wolf teeth so their tips showed out my mouth.

''That was quite a performance Taylor'' I spun around to see an old man in a trench coat and black hat, his grey beard bristled as a cool breeze passed by.

I grunted as I forced my shift back and turned back to normal and looked at the man smiling at me.

''What do you want Jon?'' I said in reluctance as I grabbed a pile of hay and headed for the nearby barn, ''I told you I am not interested in going to your school no matter how many times you try to convince me''

Jon smiled, ''Of all the chosen children, you seem to be the one most intent on not coming to Moonsville why?'' he asked.

I shook my head, ''I have my reasons old man'' I dropped the hay unto a nearby container and nuzzled the nose of one of the many horses Mrs. Smith owned.

''Does it have anything to do with your brother?'' Jon asked as he followed me in the barn.

''You'd best mind your own business, it's not advisable to anger a werewolf'' I said grimly as I fed another horse hay, the brown-skinned horse ate ravenously.

Just leave me alone.

''I understand but I think I know something that'd make you change your mind about coming to Moonsville'' Jon said as he stroked one of the horses, I was a bit surprised the horses didn't react as they normally did to strangers.

I looked at the old man's piercing blue eyes and asked, ''What?''

Jon smiled, ''Your brother, I know what he is doing and where he is'' I almost gasped and I clenched my fist.

''You know where Ken is?'' I asked in rage.

Jon smiled at me sadly, ''Ken Blackwood has taken over a faction of the SilverFoot, I was told by a student of mine; she is quite resourceful for a mage''

I couldn't help but feel the hot rage ready to seep out but I knew I couldn't lose control or I'd destroy the whole farm.

''Where is he?'' I asked in fury.

''Is that a yes, would you come to Moonsville finally and I can help you catch your twin brother?'' Jon asked.

I shook my head, ''Fine, I'll come to your school but not to catch my brother professor, I'm going to kill him''...

***

GOT ANY QUESTIONS?

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, YOUR VIEWS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...