B.RESOLVE

ALLAN: The blue bird perched up from the basket and watched me with its overly cute eyes. I walked forward and picked up the fruits that hadn't smashed.

I wasn't in the mood for trouble unless I was the one doing it, I flinched in slight irritation but my anger melted down as the Phoenix watched me blankly.

Abu was a large looking bird, a mixture of a large falcon and a parrot. His tail was longer than any living bird and his beak were pure silver.

"Where were you anyway, you were supposed to be our lookout yesterday" I stroked the bird as it cooed lovingly.

I smiled, "Can't stay mad at you can I?"

Abu was a Blue Phoenix, birds with the ability of fire. From what my tutors told me, there were several types of fire.

The normal fire in the human world was the first of all fires but there were others that followed.

They were known as The Fires of Magic.

The original names were hard to pronounce so eventually they just renamed the types of fires according to their respective colors.

Apparently, Blue Fire was a type of magic fire that could heal.
The blue fire was known as the healing fire.
Red was known as the growth fire, the ability to increase the size of things.

I can't remember the rest but I know there's more, anyway...

Phoenix were extremely intelligent beings, they understood human speech perfectly and even came to understand how we functioned.

"So, what you been up to?" I raised my arm as the bird flapped to me and perched.

Abu had grown new streaks of light blue feathers that run along the original deeper blue skin.

Abu was evolving little by little, Phoenix could live up to 100 years old but as the stories said, they'd be reborn after every death.

Abu was my mum's, an unexpected parting gift.

I looked at the mess on the floor, "I'll clean it up later...and you are going to help, I'm not taking the fall for you"

The Phoenix screeched at me but I shook my head, "No buts Abu"

We had come to learn how Phoenix communicated though I wasn't as fluent as Haier or Dad.

I walked upstairs towards the rooftop, there was a place I always went to in the mornings. A sitting place was provided on the roof and because of how tall our houses were it served as a perfect viewing spot.

I looked out at the city. The noise was just starting up, the market would be very vibrant in a few more hours.
I could practically see the whole city, well not really but I could see far enough.

I sat down at the edge of the rooftop, dangled my legs and watched with Abu, "That's cool right?"

I pointed at the skies, "I'm sure you've seen it up close haven't you" Abu flapped towards my shoulder.

"Wonder whether Mum is somewhere up there in the skies"

The bird rubbed its silver beak along my cheek, "I know I know, you don't have to tell me twice" I sighed.

Abu wanted me to move on.

"Hub is probably very busy with work. I'm sure he's got guards watching his every move." I sighed and ruffled my hair "today could be dull."

Abu made a sound I recognized and I fished out strands of grilled steak. I don't know how he knew I had them in my pocket but I guess Phoenix are just that intuitive.