CHAPTER 4- RELUCTANT VAMPIRE

Somewhere in Brazil...

VINCENT:  My whole life I had been taught about the importance of family, its relevance and how dedicated and loyal I should be. My whole life I had been taught how to act in public, how to eat in a formal manner, how to speak and how to dress.

I had also been taught the importance of always wearing my 'Varik', a necklace of sparkling ruby that my kind had been wearing for centuries. Without the necklace, the Sun would've killed us off long ago and we'd be an extinct race.

Yes, by now you are asking yourself what exactly I am implying at this conjuncture.

All those stories and movies about vampires have been based on actual truth, we do exist and we do require blood to survive though the movies have been a little too far-fetched.

We don't burst into flames when the Sun comes in contact with our skin, rather it is a slow procedure one that could even take years before we actually die if we don't wear a Varik.

Everything else has been pretty spot-on about us, we do have speed and strength on a higher level than ordinary people and we do have sharp eyesight at night, vampires have most features a bat has excepted of course the wings.

My family lived in a huge mansion on the outskirts of an island not far off from the city.

My father made sure we all came to understand the number one rule we were never to break-never feed on a human without permission.

Where we resided had a spectacular view of wilderness untouched by human hands and government wanted to ensure that it remained off limits to hunters and poachers and real estate agents. I never really knew the exact reason why the government was interested in this place but I knew it was more than just to protect wildlife.

***

GOT ANY QUESTIONS?

VIEWS ON VINCENT?

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, YOUR VIEWS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...

OH DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AS WELL❤️