C.THE GREAT ALLAN MEROE

ALLAN: A bright green wisp of light shot towards me with speed and I only managed to dodge it. The light vanished into the wall behind me instantly.

What would've happened if it hit me?

I looked aghast at the source and saw steam emitting from those glowing eyes "What the heck did you do that for?"

"Why did you avoid boy?"

"Its what anyone would do, you just tried to kill me!" I said in anger.

"Or maybe I didn't"

"What?"

"I could be trying to kill you or I could be trying to show you."

So she's trying to show me something?

"W...Were you trying to..."

"The former is likely" she laughed as if she had straws in her throat.

"I...what do you want?"

"You. I need your acceptance boy only then can you accept my gifts"

Gifts?

I didn't need further convincing she was bad news as I continued on...fast.

Walk fast.

''Calm down Allan, you got this'' I said to myself "she won't stab you in the back as long as you walk backwards"

Which I did.

I half expected the woman to chase after me but instead, she let out a blood curling laugh that sent ice over my body ''You will accept me, child, you will have no choice by then, they always accept my gifts.''

I ran.

I soon reached a wide stairway that led down, more people in cloaks passed by and I held my breath as I descended.

Slowly the place got darker as my view of the top was obscured by the towering buildings resting on each other.
These houses were definitely not my father's design, they obviously were built for criminal activities, they looked slanted.

The buildings here had all sorts of weird markings on them and my eye caught the drawing of skulls, different forms, one looked like an elephant and others looked like a human.

The skulls together resembled a half-moon and it looked like blood was used as flies could be seen hovering around.

''Real artistic'' I said, "maybe the guards would like one."

I began to walk even faster though I was elated the person in the hood hadn't followed, she definitely made my skin crawl.

Suddenly I could hear murmuring at the bottom, I smiled as I walked hurriedly away from the deathly silent town. At the very least I was familiar with the place I was headed to, though it didn't reduce the danger.

The second my feet reached the bottom, a glass mug flew past my head and smashed against the wall.

I looked before me to see people drinking, laughing and fighting.

I smiled as I watched the happy and angry faces all around. Sure no one here was particularly good but here, in this place called The Bar of Fortia, everyone was here for the same thing-fun!

Crates and boxes had been arranged everywhere to form tables and chairs and a large green and yellow tent covered the area. The bulk of people here could be found at a particular corner were bottles of all shapes and sizes were arranged.

''Come and get the best wine in all the kingdoms, trust me, they are worth it'' a tall man announced as more and more people flocked over to the bartender known as Yivul.