C.TRUE COLORS

VICTORIA: I wonder whether Sar found the vampire?

The Rose girl had finally woken up but had not looked my way once and I scoffed, resuming texting on my phone.

After a while we came across a town, settlements had been set up on both sides of the road. It looked deserted but I spotted a couple of people walking about.

The place looked like it had seen better days, clearly, they didn't much care for their appearances. The place was a literal dump save for a few better-looking places like the gas station.

Coincidentally too we had to refill up on fuel, we had traveled several miles to get the girl and would do same to get home.

"I need to use the bathroom."

"What?" I held in my glare.

"I need to use the bathroom," Rose said simply before opening the door.

Is she raising her tone at me?

"Didn't I tell you to do it earlier!" I hissed as I stomped outside.

"Well sorry, my bladder doesn't have a button for storage." She responded sharply and I realized she was angry which made me angrier.

"Don't talk to me that way."

"Or what?"

I was almost impressed but now I had made up my mind, I didn't like her yet I knew I crossed a line back then.

"Look for what I said back then I'm sorry," I said quickly which only prompted a laugh from her.

"Sure. That was really convincing."

The bitch.

"You don't even mean it, acting like a simple apology is a line for a show."

"Excuse me?" I hissed.

"Ever since I met you. You've treated me like garbage like I'm deadweight and all I've done is try to be nice."

"Because you are!"

"Ah that's the person I'm used to, you don't have to hide your true colors for me."

"Don't test me, you're just an orphan who got lucky."

"You call this lucky...hanging out with someone like you?"

"You ungrateful piece of..."

"What?"

I felt ready to explode as I spat the words "Just go already and don't think we won't leave you behind if you don't hurry...you must have experience there"

"I'm sure that makes you feel better. Making fun of an orphan, not like I care. I've met far worse people than you." She turned on her heels and entered the nearest shop.

What nerve?

How dare she?

I caught Owen look at us quickly before resuming filling the car with fuel.

What? What?

I didn't know what to do. I wanted to hit something, I needed to.

"Going for a walk," I said out loud daring Owen to attempt to stop me but he didn't. I walked briskly away as I thought of how I could vent my anger.

The town didn't really have anything that stood out, in all, there were about six large recognizable establishments.

Two main hotels which were the biggest here, one large shop here, a clinic not too far on the left, a bar on the right and lastly an old looking church.

The rest of the houses weren't around, most likely in the forest.

Strange place, I can't think of that right now. I'm angry.

I decided to rather go into the forest.

I made sure to memorize my surroundings as Theo taught me to and slowly ventured a little deeper into the forest.

Once I knew I was out of sight and in a clearing I pointed my finger at a pine tree.

"Well sorry, my bladder doesn't have a button for storage" I mimic in a high girly tone as I flew a blue light at the tree.

The tree instantly vanished but I wasn't satisfied "You don't even mean it, acting like a simple apology is a line for a show."

I swung my hand again and another tree vanished "I'll show you..."

How dare she?

I flung my arms again and again and again "...my true colors."

Focusing on my magical aura I flung another invisibility spell but I used both my hands.

In a second five more trees vanished instantly and the clearing was much wider than before.

I smiled slightly, at least I had mastered Jon's first spell he taught me. Now the only problem was how I was going to use it on Rose without Owen seeing.

It'd be fun if I use it on just her mouth or maybe her entire head.

A sudden crunch of twigs took my attention, over the years I had learned to always be observant to the extent that even a slight sound kept me alert.

I looked to ahead, wherever that sound originated from was in front of me, maybe it was my imagination but I had a gut-wrenching feeling it was something bad.

Smoke, I can smell smoke.

I carefully crept forward, brushing aside the branches and leaves obscuring my view. An off smell greeted me on the way and it was revolting as the sound of flies could be heard.

I didn't even need to go far when I stepped on something liquid, red liquid.

Blood!

I traced my eyes from the puddle of blood that trailed from a body, no make that a pile of bodies.

I almost vomited at the sight, about ten people, men and women had been fastened together by their own intestines to form a man like figure.

Like a scarecrow.

Was it the werewolf, no, they weren't this cruel and most at times didn't much care to decorate their kill.

All around were the remains of the town, houses had been literally split in half, exposing the interiors.

Fire danced on the roofs of the houses and planks of wood lay about accompanied by cups, dresses, cabinets, fridges and all sorts of items.

What did this?

I walked forward slowly expecting an attack at any moment, smoke fumes out from several places and I knew there were some that perished in the fire.

I had faced my share of danger but I was terribly frightened at the sight before me, it was pure evil.

"Oh no!" I realized instantly.

Of course, why didn't I think of this sooner, who else could've done this if not the Grimm.

Rose!

***

GOT ANY QUESTIONS

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN?

FEEL FREE, YOUR VIEWS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

OH DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AS WELL❤️