"Okay." I reply.

"I know you care a lot about Laxus, but unless he says anything personal to you, you really shouldn't get too involved, it's mainly between me and his parents, understood?" Master asks.

"Yes sir. I'm sorry for shouting." I reply sadly.

Master Makarov places his hands on mine and looks me in the eye.

"It's alright. Thanks for the concern over Laxus." Master replies.

We both leave the room and everything returns to how it was. I sit next to Cana as we chat about the present I got for Laxus.

"So what did he think?" Cana asks.

"He loved it! It really cheered him up." I say joyfully.

"That's great!" Cana says with a big smile.

"Yeah! Thanks for helping me and going shopping with me." I say gratefully.

"No problem, anytime." Cana smiles.

Although the domestic abuse issue with Laxus is still a noticeable shadow that follows me, as well as the odd moment where I remember my parents and that dreadful day that I wish to forget someday, things are going pretty good and my magic and friendship with Laxus grows everyday. Occasionally I try and teach Laxus how to wield magic power, but it's true that he isn't strong enough to contain or support it.

As time goes on, Laxus still remains as his bubbly and mischievous self, but I begin to notice his mood getting sadder more frequently. Luckily for me though, he says I'm the one that makes things all better, so I'm pretty happy about that. A year passes quickly and I finally turn eleven years old.

Fairy Tail throw a massive party for me, even better, Laxus and Cana are there to help celebrate! Master Makarov pulls out a huge, chocolate flavor cake with eleven candles on it. I get on my tip toes to try to blow the candles out, but I'm still too short.

"Get on my shoulder." Master says.

Master Makarov lifts me onto his shoulder and he grows bigger and taller so I can reach the candles on the cake.

"Don't forget to make a wish!" Laxus says loudly.

That's right. What do I wish for though? There's many things I could wish for, but I'm happy with what I've got. After a couple seconds of thinking and Laxus and Cana shouting at me enthusiastically to blow out the candles before they melt, I finally decide what I want and blow out all eleven candles in one go. Everyone claps and cheers as I return to the ground and Laxus gives me a noogie on my head.

"You gotta remember not to say what you wished for, otherwise it won't come true!" Cana says excitedly.

"Really? I better keep my mouth shut then." I giggle.

"Ah man! I thought I was gonna know what you wished for." Laxus says with a grin.

I smile back and feel my face warming up suddenly, my heart beats faster than normal as I look at Laxus grinning at me. I guess the party is just so exciting.

"Are you getting hot Freed? You look a bit red." Cana comments.

"Oh. Yeah I might be actually." I reply.

Cana fetches me a cup of lemonade and I take small sips. The warmth I felt slowly went away and the whole guild grabs a slice of cake.

"Good choice Freed!" Laxus exclaims as he continues eating the chocolate cake.

"Thanks." I reply.

Master Makarov suddenly interrupts by clinking a glass with a small spoon to grab everyone's attention.