Chapter. 30

I didn't know what was harder. Knowing I wouldn't see Ashton again, or that he didn't even bother to say goodbye, the note and flowers I received last week didn't amount to much. I knew that I hurt him for lying and taking the job without even talking with him about it. I hurt him because we planed our future together and here I was in the airport with my close friends, leaving to start my new life without him half way across the world. As much as it hurt, not seeing Ashton to say goodbye, I couldn't help but be excited to start the next chapter in my life.

My life sat before me in the form of two large suitcases, I'd already arranged accommodation for the first couple of months before I started the job. I knew I wouldn't be anything like the world I knew here, and the nerves had begun to kick in as the time for my flight grew closer. Meaning it was almost time for the final farewell; a moment I had been dreading for days.

"I'm really gonna miss you Al" Hayley frowns with tears in her eyes "I'm losing my partner in crime for good" she used the cuff of her jumper to wipe away the dampness in her eyes.

"This won't be forever, I'll be back home as often as I can. Besides I need to check up on you and Calum and how you're taking care of my flat" I smile looking from her to the boy standing next to her. I still couldn't believe that the two of them were moving in together.

"You won't be coming back just for us though will you?" She pulled a face, as if to know exactly what I was thinking. "Ashton will be the reason you come back"

"That's If he speaks to me again" a frown now on my lips at the thought of the man who stole my heart.

"Al, he loves you. He can't just shut you off forever. I'll knock some sense into him" damn I was going to miss this girl. She was practically my sister.

"Come here" I mumble bringing her in for a cuddle. Holding on tightly and not wanting to let go.

"We will miss you Ali" Cassie murmurs wrapping her arms around me and Hayley. Luna follows the action, and the four of us huddle together, the end of an era.

"What the heck" I hear one of the boys mutter and Luke, Calum and Michael join in with our farewell.

There was a blissful period of silence as the seven of us had our precious little moment together. Tears had begun streaming down my face as I knew it was time to head through to the departure gate. I knew this moment would be hard, but I didn't think it would be this hard. Saying goodbye to my family didn't even hurt this much.

I'd checked in my suitcases, keeping my rucksack for the plane, hauling the strap over my shoulder and removing the hair caught under it as I head through. I couldn't believe this was it, I was on my way to a new life in New York, doing my dream job. The one thing missing; Ashton. The one thing I regret leaving behind.

After saying my goodbyes I made my way through airport security, checking my bags in and wandering through to duty free. The mass of people surrounding me and nerves in my stomach made it difficult for me to concentrate, I had half an hour. Do I go for a drink, get snacks for the plane, call my mum one last time before boarding, do I try calling Ashton?

I had this debate for what seemed like forever, as my fingers hovered over my phone. Leaving me with one decision. I needed to call him.

Punching in the numbers, I held my breath slightly. I never knew what to expect, if anything he probably wouldn't answer. Here goes nothing.

The sound of the dial tone followed by the ringing of a phone, one with the same ringtone as him. It couldn't be.

"Ashton!?" My voice breaking as the phone slips from my ear, turning I see him. Standing there with a rucksack on and his phone In his hands.

I didn't know what to do, my body moved on it own. I ran towards him, the impact of my body hitting his almost knocking him off his feet. Tears streaming down my face. He was here.

"I'm so so sorry" he mumbles into my hair, I could feel his heart beating, almost out of his chest. "I needed time to process everything, I'm so sorry it took me this long"

I was mad at him, but I didn't care. He was here now. All I wanted was to be close to him, my arms around his neck, inhaling all of him. And I got my wish

"I missed you" my voice muffled as I continued to bury my head in his chest.

"I know, I missed you too. But I'm here now" he tore my body from his to look at my face. "Let's start our life together"

His lips pressed to mine, and it were as if my life were complete.

Ashton Irwin was my teacher, and I was his student. And loving someone like him was as easy as breathing air.