Chapter 27.

The music swarmed and the vibrations echoed through the room, the mass of bodies in the room dancing the world away while some solace soles sat at the edge of the dance floor waiting to be asked to dance. The decorations myself and the girls hung earlier in the day brought the room to life, while the fairy lights we had strung to the rafters illuminated small portions of the hall.

Ashton's grip on my hand tightened as we walked carelessly onto the dace floor. Even with my high heels on I couldn't complete with his hight. The warmth of the room impeccable, and the heat that Ashton had begun to radiate didn't help matters.

"I cant believe we are getting away with this" he smirks, letting out a small chuckle as he looked down at me. Our eyes burning into one and others; unable to look away.

"For now" my comment instantly ruining the moment. His hands gripping my waist, my arms wrapped around his neck; eager to bring him close to connect our lips, but here wasn't the most appropriate place. "Our plan is in place, we just need to implement it" my eyes searching his, waiting for a response.

"I hope it all goes accordingly. She needs to stop what's she's doing before someone gets hurt...or fired" he lets out a small sigh, the minty scent of his breath filling my nostrils. 

"After tonight, I'm not longer your student, and you're not going to be my teacher. Nobody is getting fired we won't be doing anything wrong" I try to smile in order to re-assure him, although I could tell he wasn't buying it.

"No you're right, I'm still a little paranoid that's all" his hands grip my waist tighter. Now would be a good time to bring up moving to New York, although I promised I wouldn't. Not tonight. 

"Anyway, regardless of this plan we have, I think we should enjoy our night. People don't know it's us behind these masks" a giggle escapes my lips, while a smirk creeps upon his

"That is a good point, so people won't suspect a thing" his lips connect to mine in an instant.

It was as if the world had stopped, and the only two people in the room were Ashton and I. That is all I wanted, just the two of us together until the end, nobody else. Just him. All of a sudden my small bubble of happiness had been popped as I see Hayley and Calum next to me.

"What's happened, whats wrong?" I ask as Hayley looked worried, even Calum's face sent a chill down my spin.

"Look at Ella!" Her voice slightly hitched, although I couldn't tell with the music being so loud.

Ashton and I look over to see Ella, not in an outfit you would associate with end of year masquerade ball, more strip club, but what the strippers would be wearing; and on her arm, Trent Marshall. Now Trent Marshall isn't who you would pair up with Ella, he was like the heartthrob you read about in books and see on tv. Basically he was the popular boy who would have had the ladies drooling at his feet in high school.

"That's not a sight I thought I would see here" Calum half laughed half coughed.

"She's planning something, which means we need to act now before she does something we can't fix" my eyes darting from Ella and her 'date' to Ashton.

"We know what to do" Hayley nodded, our plan wasn't all that terrible, yet we were treating it as if it were something out of mission impossible; the fear and excitement of it all made this rather 'fun' although that wasn't the conventional word to use for tonight's events.

"At least we had fun for two minutes" Ashton attempts to joke, but the disappointment on his face wasn't hard to miss.

"Once we've dealt with Ella, I'm all yours, once this is done I'll meet you at your class" my lips form a smirk as I wink suggestively at him.