Chapter 23

Angry wasn't even the word to describe how I felt, Ella had pushed too far this time and something drastic needed to be done. Hayley's plan for death really did sound like a good idea right now, but I didn't fancy a murder charge hanging above my head: so we needed to get creative.

I had perched myself at the breakfast bar in my apartment, gnawing at the end of a pen as I stared blankly at the notepad in front of me. Ashton was over, he sat on the couch watching TV waiting for my eureka moment, but it never came. "I thought Hayley had a master plan?" He questions, looking over his shoulder to look at me.

"She has a plan, I don't think it will be something we can carry out" I sigh, placing the pen down on top of the notepad, before resting my head in my hands.

"And why is that?" he asks again, this time getting up from the couch, wandering over to embrace me in a hug.

"It involves breaking a couple of rules" I shrug, turning my head slightly to look at him, who's already looking at me: our lips inches apart.

"We're breaking all of the rules anyway" he smirks, planting a loving kiss on my lips.

"Oh shush you" I smirk back, kissing him again.

"When are they coming over? I'm a little nervous being here if Hayley and Cassie are bringing their boyfriends" His devious smirk turned into a frown, I knew this would be a big step for him. Although I knew that Luke and Calum wouldn't breathe a word, if they did most people would more than likely brush it off.

"In about ten minutes, they are bringing pizza, I have to let them in" I giggle, his eyes rolling at my remark.

"If I knew that pizza was the way to your heart I would have bought you one sooner" he chuckled contently to himself, this time my eyes roll at his comment.

"You should really change, you don't really want to look like a university lecturer do you?" he lets out a sigh, looking down at his shirt and trousers. "I mean you look ridiculously hot dressed like that. But you might feel more comfortable in normal clothes" my eyes almost pleading with him, he takes a step back and paces around the breakfast bar.

"I don't know Ally"

"Stop being Mr Irwin for the night, and just be Ashton. They will love you just as much as I do, plus we are all doing this because Ella is ruining all of our lives, including yours." I force a smile at him, knowing he needed to loosen up.

Ashton stood there for a moment taking his phone out of his pocket to check his notifications, clearly contemplating if he were going to stay or go. His gorgeous curls slicked back and eyes fixated on the screen in front of him, curious I peer over to see what he is looking at. I hoped it wasn't anything from Ella.

"What are you looking at?" I ask, his eyes darting up to look at mine, he turns his phone around so that I can see what he is looking at.

"It's us" he pauses, waiting to see my reaction "I've risked so much to be with you, trod on eggshells every second, kept us hidden from the world like it was forbidden. I changed this yesterday, the lock screen on my phone, I don't care anymore. I want to fight for us" He smiles at me with a loving look, one that gave my stomach butterflies. "I won't be long" he states wandering through to the bedroom to get changed.

I smiled contently to myself, things now were surely going to work out for the best. Ashton wanted to fight for us, he wanted to be involved with my friends even though he could get into some serious trouble. It wasn't long before the front door went, Hayley hollering as she entered the building, the scent of pizza washing the apartment.

Hayley was followed by Cassie and Luna? I wasn't expecting her here tonight why would she be here. Luke, Calum and then Michael followed, again I didn't quite know that Michael was invited, but then again what do I know.