Chapter 16

Although I'd already been told by Ashton that I wasn't going to be the class representative anymore it still hurt a little when Mr. Jessop announced the news. The whole day just seemed to pass like a blur, Ella hadn't turned up for the lecture which I found oddly hilarious since she fought so hard for the rep position. Ashton noticed how out of it I was, not even bothering to snap me back into reality while he was firing questions about the room.

Once the lecture had finished I hadn't even bothered to move from my seat, I'd become so immersed in my book that I hadn't even noticed Ashton come up the stairs and sit at the chair beside me. "What's wrong princess?" he asks, placing his index finger and thumb on my chin to ensure I faced him.

"Mr. Jessop called me into his office today, told me about Ella who's now the new class representative" I sigh, turning my gaze back to the numerous words etched on the page in front of me.

"We had no choice Ally, her mother was going to prosecute us for discriminating her daughter" he darted his eyes around the room to think of something else to say, something upbeat and positive but nothing obviously came to mind. "Why don't I cheer you up tonight?" a suggestion I wasn't really going to refuse, especially since it came from the only person who could possibly make me feel better at this moment.

"What did you have in mind, sir?" I question averting my eyes from my book to look at him once again, staring deeply into his gorgeous hazel orbs.

"I'm going to take you out for dinner" he smirks triumphantly at me, his eyes mimicking that same inviting grin. "I have a present for you first though"

"And what's that"

"You'll find out when you go home" that devilish smile still perched on his lips, this really had me intrigued what could he have possibly bought me?

I'd met up with Hayley after class to give her the usual lift home, I mean she was lucky we had uni on the same days as each other. Once back at the apartment my stomach tangled itself in knots at the thought of Ashton's gift, but sure enough, a beautiful white box with a delicate bow sat perfectly on the breakfast bar next to a bouquet of red roses, I didn't want to imagine how he got it all in here. Hayley's expression mimicking mine that of shock and amazement "You've got yourself a keeper Ally" she smirks walking over to the present with me, also curious as to what Ashton had given me. "You better fuck him good tonight" her comment caused me to roll my eyes at her, I didn't think my body could take much more of his delightful pleasure.

Taking the box in my hands I allow myself to inhale deeply, letting my mind race with many thoughts of him and all that we could be, it terrified me how much this man meant to me and how quickly I was falling in love with him. Tugging lightly at the ribbon letting it go limp before I place it in a heap on the breakfast bar, Hayley watching the box with wonder and amazement; her nose getting the better of her once again. "Oh my god Ally hurry up and open it" she exclaims growing impatient.

"What If I don't want you to see it?" I smirk at her, causing the excitement to fade from her expression leaving a frown in its place

"Don't do that to me Ally, I mean for god's sake he's your lecturer and you're banging him, this would make for a great story one day you know that?"

"An illegal story" I remind her prying the lid from the box, reveling the most beautiful necklace I'd ever seen he must have spent a fortune "Wow"

"Holy shit"

"You could say that again, this looks crazy expensive" grimacing at the silver jewelry held within the box, not entirely sure how to react to all of this. I mean Ashton is amazing, but expensive gifts when we aren't actually official is far too much isn't it?

"Look" Hayley orders taking a small white envelope from the huge bouquet of flowers. The outside was blank but the note inside reading

BE READY FOR 6 PM, I'LL BE WAITING.

The words made my stomach churn and twist, the knowledge that we were going out together worried me enough in case someone saw us; which was highly likely in a town like this.

"What am I going to wear" the only words that tumbled from my lips, reading and re-reading the note over and over again trying to get it into my head.

"I have a sexy number for you don't worry" the huge smirk washing back onto her lips "You have to let me do your makeup and hair" her body jumping up and down giddily, never have I seen Hayley this excited about me going out on a date before, although I didn't go on many dates; which was probably why.

"Fine If you insist, but nothing too dramatic please" I instruct, rolling my eyes at her as she sprints through to her room to retrieve her beauty products.

****

Staring at myself in the mirror I hardly recognised myself, Hayley really outdone herself this time; and speaking of time, the clock perched on the kitchen wall read five to six causing my stomach to ache and bend in knots. "You look stunning Ally; Mr Irwin is going to have a hard time" she giggles nudging my arm with her elbow. In all honesty I knew that on this occasion I looked good, obviously all thanks to her. The only thing that really bothered me was the fact I didn't want anyone from around here seeing Ashton and I together, it would raise a huge amount of questions and probably cost him his job and me...probably my spot and an instant fail of my exams.

"He's here" I almost yell at her, looking out the window to see his silver Audi parked next to my pile of junk. "Hayley what do I do?"

"You breathe, and go on the date, what could possibly go wrong? You're not going to be disappointed in the sex because let's face it you've done that before. So stop being a big pussy and get down there" She aggressively instructs me, pointing towards the door.

Doing as she says I take a deep breath in and escape the safety of the apartment, feeling vulnerable in the tight red dress and shoes higher than my self-esteem, wondering what his reaction would be. Practically stumbling up to his car his eyes widen in shock, becoming dark with lust and desire and I knew that Hayley had this outfit spot on. He wore a rather dashing suit, looking more handsome than ever as he stood by his car with the passenger door open for me to get in, as a proper gentleman should. "Good evening Miss Harper" he beams, taking my hand in his before gently kissing it, already I could feel my cheeks flush pink.

"Good evening sir" I replied timidly, trying my hardest to get into the car elegantly. He quickly ran around to the driver's side and clambered in himself. "thank you for my gift" blushing uncontrollably as he looks at me with those beautiful eyes of his once again.

"You're more than welcome, anything for you" flashing a smile as he ignited the engine. "Might I say you look beautiful this evening"

"Stop you're making me blush Sir, can I ask where we are going?"

"No you cannot, a gentleman never tells" he smirks before driving off in the direction out of town.