Chapter. 17

Finally, midterm break was upon us and I for one was desperately in need of some time to relax. Unfortunately though relaxation wasn't on the top of my to do list, instead I had agreed to do some extra work at the café since I didn't have high hopes of a decent enough pass rate for the end of the year. We had two glorious weeks off, away from the campus and away from all the drama Ella had decided to bring us right before the end of the year. For most of the first week I'd spent a great portion of my time serving one very special man in particular numerous Americanos and cheese sandwiches...Mr. Irwin being the man in question. He'd made it his duty to come and visit me at work every day for the past week, making sure we got to see each other even though I was busy; which was a nice thought, but I never really got any work done with him around.

Today was a very hot Monday afternoon, and the beginning of week two of midterm break. Ashton had come in again for his usual coffee and sandwich, I was rather surprised how one person could continuously eat the same thing and not get bored of it. The time was edging two o'clock which meant it was nearing home time, Ashton took the last bite of his food before giving me a look to come over and clear his plate, which also meant he wanted to speak to me. "Was everything okay for you sir?" I ask politely, this was how I had to address every customer upon clearing their plate...including Ashton.

"Lovely thank you, can I just pay my bill" he smirks, acting along like he always did "That cheese sandwich was excellent, compliments to the chef"

"You really baffle me, sir, how can you eat cheese sandwiches every day?" giggling contently at him as I clear the crockery from the table.

"You make them perfectly, why would I have anything different" the glint in his eyes dazzled me indefinitely, this man seriously had me trapped under his spell and I couldn't do anything to change that. But I wouldn't want to.

"I'll just get the bill for you sir" I replied while taking the dirty dishes back to the kitchen, my boss giving me a huge smile as I walked through.

"You know, since you've started he hasn't been able to keep away" he chuckles, taking the plates from my hand and placing them in the freshly filled sink "I might just have to keep you here all day just to drum up business"

"He's a sweet guy" I blush trying to divert eye contact from my boss as I remove my apron "Am I free to go?"

"Of course Ally, enjoy the rest of the week off you've worked hard" he smiles triumphantly at me as I fold up the green fabric covered in random particles of food

"Thank you, I'll see you next week" I call grabbing my things from the back room, waltzing out towards the front door

"See you next week Ally. Have fun" he calls, the dingle of the bell indicating my departure from the shop and thank God. I was in serious need of some time off and some fun with the man that just couldn't keep away from me.

I waited patiently for Ashton who was currently settling up his bill, today we had decided to meet up at his place once I'd finished work, and since I was now free for the rest of the week I'd be sleeping in his bed until further notice. That though made me smirk contently to myself at the knowledge I'd be ravished by him every night, being able to sleep next to the man who I was falling in love with made everything we were risking worthwhile.

"Somebody's eager" I hear him call out as he approaches the carpark, a huge grin positioned on his lips "are you ready to go?"

"I've been ready for days" blushing at him as he finally reaches me.

"As have I Miss Harper" he too begins to flush a pale shade of pink, and there was this moment of nothing while we looked into each other's eyes taking in the essence of each other.

The time it took for us to get to his place was minutes tops, and I wasn't really complaining. Ashton was acting a little differently today, he wasn't his usual upbeat self instead he had been quite reserved and quiet which wasn't like him at all. "What's with you today?" I ask entering his crisp white apartment, the way he paused before closing the front door indicated that he had something playing on his mind.

"We need to talk" his eyes shifting from me to the floor as if trying to avoid conversing altogether. Those words penetrated through me like a knife and every possible scenario played out in my mind, asking myself questions and wondering if this was the end of our 'relationship'

"Have I done something?" Timidly asking him as I'm escorted through to the pristine living room. The walls white with a dark hardwood floor, minimal paintings or photographs almost lacking a human touch.

"Please sit" he instructs, the tone of his voice almost cold and misunderstood. Doing as I'm told I take a seat on the soft white leather fabric, he follows my motions and takes the place next to mine. From the tone of his voice and his body language, I could already tell that something was going to happen. Had he finally woken up and realized that this wasn't right for either of us and we should just live our separate lives?

"Ash?" my voice croaking as I try to relax but already fearing the worst.

"Ally, I don't know how to say this because feelings and emotions aren't really what I do. I'll admit that I've been hurt in the past and I never really" he pauses taking my hand in his while he searched the room as if looking for help or advice on how to word what was in his heart. "I've never really let anybody in since her, and meeting you has made me want to tear down every single brick from that wall and just be open and honest with you wholeheartedly" again he paused but instead of scanning the room he looked directly into my eyes as if trying to decipher my own feelings. His beautiful hazel orbs telling me their own story as words fail him once more. "The truth is, Ally I've fallen so god damn hard for you, and- well- I love you"

Those three simple words cutting me harder and deeper than the last, I didn't know how to react. In that moment I was no longer his student and he was no longer my teacher, we were lovers. "I love you too Ashton" I beam, his lips turning to form a bright toothy smile. Seconds had passed and within them, he'd swept me off of my feet and carried me through to his bedroom to consecrate the beginning of something new.

Omg 😭 teacher Ashton hits me in the feels once again ❤️