Chapter. 15

When Monday finally came around I'd felt as though a weight had cascaded down onto my shoulders, going back to campus after the weakened I'd just had with Ashton felt foreign, knowing we'd have to go back to reality and pretend we weren't more than teacher and student felt horrible.

I sat in the car patiently for Hayley who was taking her precious time as per usual, never once taking into consideration that I actually wanted to go in today. I kept from firing up the engine and just watched the world around me, taking in all of the subtle details like how the effervescent trees swung gently in the wind. Checking the time on my phone for the third time I begin to grow impatient, subconsciously tapping my fingers on the wheel of the car and letting out a rather reluctant sigh. My thoughts soon drift to that of Ashton...I mean what else would I be thinking of. Wondering if we could come to more than just this if this 'relationship' could blossom long after university had finished.

"Hey sorry" Hayley pants apologetically, frantically getting into the car in a heap. She'd brought my thoughts back to reality and to how mad I was at her for taking so long.

"What the hell took you so long?" questioning her as I turn the key in the ignition allowing the car to roar to life.

"These eyebrows don't do themselves" she spoke with a matter of fact tone, one which ultimately bugged me. "Besides we aren't that late Ally, we have an hour before lectures start"

"Well I like to be there early" I remark putting the car into gear before driving off to the campus "We can grab a coffee and breakfast there, besides I have exams coming up and I need to study for them"

"Do those study sessions involve Mr. Irwin" she giggles, lightly tapping my shoulder "Oh cmon Ally don't pull that face I'm only kidding"

"Maybe they do but that's none of your business" I smirk rolling my eyes at her "At least I'm getting some" My comment instantly making her look at me with wide eyes, obviously rather unimpressed.

"I'll have you know I am getting some, with Calum since he's now my boyfriend" she chimes, if I wasn't already sitting down I probably would have fallen to the floor in shock, why hadn't she told me about her and Calum was it really such a big deal?

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I gasp practically slamming on the breaks as we get to a set of traffic lights "That's big news Hayley"

"I know, but we've just been testing the water before we tell anyone it's official" she lets out a rather large sigh, as the traffic lights turn to green so we can continue the way to campus.

"You two looked pretty official at the club on Saturday?" stating to her as I vaguely remember the two of them all over one and other that night.

"It's complicated"

"Try me Hayley, my 'boyfriend' is my teacher" I giggle at how ridiculous the whole thing was, Hayley didn't understand the meaning of a complicated relationship.

"I don't know, I really like him but I just get the feeling he's really not that into me. Like when we're together he's amazing but when we're out he just flirts with everyone, I mean he's a notorious fuck boy and I don't know if I should be involving myself with someone that toxic?" what she was saying was true, Calum Hood was a convicted ladies' man and his relationships didn't last long. We'd pulled up into the campus car park and I switched off the engine, descending the car into complete silence.

"Look, you need to be the bigger person in all of this Hayley, just tell him how you feel don't put everything into this if you feel as though you're going to get burnt in the end" I half smile at her, not really sure what advice to give her, because if truth be told I myself needed advice on this whole thing with Ashton.

Hayley and I walked into the reception, the buzz clear in the air that exams were looming and end of term was just around the corner. People upon people gathered in small groups with echoing voices, today was the day that new and potential students visit the campus and view the various departments...great. Cassie and Luke sat over by our usual spot on the comfy seats by the window, both of them looking out of place as they spectate all of the student's interactions with one and other.

"This place is mad" Hayley almost yells at me over the erupting noise of the reception hall "I swear to god if anyone touches me I'll scream" she sighs as we waltz up to the coffee stand, the girl Ashton had previously flirted with was on today and already I could feel her eyes on me.

"What can I get you?" she asks in a monotone voice, the sound of her chewing her gum sent shivers down my spine

"Two lattes please" Hayley instructs, looking from me to the girl already sensing the vibe. A few moments had passed before the girl rudely dumped the two cups on the counter before demanding the money, which we both paid. "What's with you and blondie then?" she asks trying to keep a straight face, although I could tell she found it funny.

"She was flirting with Mr. Irwin, and I came over and ruined it, now she's probably poisoned my coffee" sneering at the cup in my hand at the thought of it

"That's why I ordered two, so If she did poison you then we'll die together" she giggles causing me to let out an 'aww' sound in reply.

We both sat over where Luke and Cassie were, who both flashed a smile as the two of us sat down. Luke had his arm wrapped around Cassie's shoulders showing off that he was hers and she was his and that nobody would change that, this also signified that something new had happened with the Ella situation. "have you seen the bitch yet?" Cassie asks her face a picture of thunder, causing Hayley and I to look at each other confused

"Nope, we've just got in Cass, why what's happened?" I retort taking a sip of the hot liquid within the cup

"She's stirring shit with me and Luke again and I'm not liking this" she sighs looking from me to Hayley then to Luke "she keeps saying that he's been cheating on me with her, but it's obviously not true and I'm ready to kill her"

"Violence isn't the option babe" Luke soothes, tangling her up in his arms to try and calm her down, but we all knew that what Ella was doing was a step too far and it needed to stop.

"Allison Harper" I hear a rather familiar voice call, that of Mr. Jessops. "Can I see you in my office please?" he instructs, standing next to me, his face didn't resemble that of concern so I knew he didn't know about myself and Ashton although I was rather intrigued.

Mr. Jessop and I walked up to his office in silence, not one of us spoke a single word. "Is everything okay sir?" I ask as he sits at his desk.

"Look, Allison, I'm going to be honest here you are a fantastic and outstanding student, but I'm having to remove your title as class representative, not through any fault of yours but due to other students and parents sticking their noses in" he sighs looking at me sympathetically "I'm sorry Allison"

"It's fine Mr. Jessop, please may I be excused"

"Certainly, my deepest apologies Miss Harper"

Authors Note

Hey guys so I'm really happy with this story so far let me know what you think 😊 I've posted the preface to my first Luke fanfic 'Video Games' so if you'd like to have a check out of that I'd be more than thankful ❤️