Chapter. 6

A million different thoughts pulsed through my mind as we all sat at the table having lunch. the girls were all mid discussion about the masquerade themed dance, but everything they said didn't even digest in my brain. all because of him. because I wanted that man. I needed him.

"So Ally who are you taking to the dance?" Luna asked me, I looked up at her shaking my head to bring myself back to a state of reality, Luna was a beautiful girl, her olive tone skin was enhanced by  her sleek dark brown hair coming to her elbows ,

"'Myself" I shrug, giving a slight smile

"Really you aren't taking anyone, has anyone asked you yet?" She says almost confused that I would be going to yet another school dance alone

"Of course nobody has asked me" I giggle "I'm also debating on whether or not to even go to this dance at all"

"Ally don't be ridiculous you're going to this dance even if I have to find someone to ask you" she retorts determined

"But-" she cuts me off

"No buts ally, I'll have you a date by the end of today just leave it to me" oh great

"Changing the subject" Cas quickly interjects "what are the plans for pre party drinks?" we all knew that since Luna was head of the committee for the school dance, no alcohol would be allowed on the premises.

"There's room at Ali's place" Ella smirks at me, a confused look washing over my face "oh don't give me that look, we all know you'll be at Mr Irwin's place for pre drinks" I could feel the blood completely drain from my face, why on earth was she making life difficult for me.

"Yeah why were you kept back after class anyway? You never said" Hayley asks, bringing up what I was trying to avoid "it's not like you to be kept back after class, Mr Irwin must be an ass if he's keeping you back"

"A fine ass" Ella giggles, making me shoot a glance at her. I swear if she blabs, I'm going to kill her.

"That is very true, I mean Luke had a very nice bum, but Mr Irwin looks as though he works out... a lot" Cas sighs "imagine the damage he would do"

That was a thought, it wasn't as if I hadn't already imagined it, me and him together... on his desk.

"Guys seriously cut it out" I giggle, trying  not to sound so defensive over him.

"Not till you tell us why he kept you back after class" Hayley demands "c'mon it can't be that bad can it ?" I just look at her with a bleak expression on my face

"Fine, he picked me to be the class representative, I wasn't going to tell you guys until it was like one hundred percent official"

"Oh wow congrats" Luna beams at me "that's an amazing opportunity"

"She only got it because she's a teachers pet" Ella sneers. I really didn't want to say that in front of everyone to sound like I was bragging, but I had no choice.

"Anyway guys I'm going to head to the library, I've got some notes to catch up on if you don't mind" I flash a smile as I gather my things up into my bag,

"Yeah that's cool we'll catch you up after so we can go dress shopping?" Cas asks

"Of course, I'm the taxi driver for you guys so I'll obviously be there" I joke, walking off back into the main building towards the library.