Chapter. 13

These past few days had been a complete and utter whirlwind for myself and Ashton. We'd been texting and phoning nonstop since our last meeting at his classroom, and with every word he kept me clutching and waiting for the next, teasing and toying with every emotion that I owned.

As I knew that I wouldn't 'fall' into a job after I'd hopefully graduated from University; although the jury was still out if I was to actually pass this year or not. I'd taken it upon myself to get a summer job for the time I wasn't on campus since now we were heading toward our finals and I could really do with the extra cash.

So today marked that of a traditional Saturday night, which meant hitting the town and getting absolutely pissed to drown our sorrows and stresses. Hayley and I had begun our montage of getting ready at the apartment, blasting music while we applied our makeup; I could tell from the way she was acting that something was up, but I wasn't quite sure what. "So that's pretty mad news" she giggles analysing her face in the mirror in front of her as she tediously draws on her winged eyeliner, her words snapping me back into a form of reality.

"What?" I ask, looking at her as if she'd just waffled a heap of rubbish

"with Ella and Luke" she states in a rather annoyed tone, obviously expecting me to know everything that's going on with everyone and everything.

"That she sent him a nude?" I question, only realising how far behind I was with the gossip which surrounded Ella Black.

"Yes that, but you haven't been rushed up to speed on the latest?" her eyes resemble shock and horror, pausing to study my facial expression before continuing "Oh my gosh Al are you serious, this shit is all over the campus I can't grasp the fact you don't know"

"I've been a little busy" blushing as I draw my thoughts to Ashton, and all the shenanigans we'd gotten up to the last few days

"Oh, see that explains it" she smirks, causing me to become a little embarrassed "well, there is this photo circulating of what looks like Luke in the nude, like full on naked, but Cassie said it's not even close to what Luke looks like when he's naked" I couldn't really process what the hell was going on and what was happening with Ella

"Are you being serious?" I gasp, my jaw almost dropping to the floor in shock "What the hell has gotten into her the past few weeks?"

"It gets worse, Cassie has threatened the police on her after she circulated the photo, but Ella is denying all knowledge and says that Luke sent it to her" A smile was pretty evident on her face, knowing Hayley as well as I did she loved all the drama, being able to sit back and watch it all kind of unfold without being in the epicentre of it all.

"Holy shit, who would of though little Miss Ella Carter the Photoshop genius and bad girl" giggling at the thought of it all, although after hearing this I wasn't entirely sure of what this once so timid girl was capable of.

***

Once Hayley and I were ready and completely dolled up to the nines, we'd ordered a taxi which came bang on ten o'clock. We'd instructed him to take us to a club named 'Liquid' where we were going to be meeting Cassie, Luke, Luna and Michael. Awkward I know...but at least I had Hayley to keep me company.

Exiting the cab, the sound of the music echoed through the area vibrating the ground and every organ within me, raring me to go for the night ahead. People heading toward the entrance of the club wearing the skimpiest of outfits known to man, and if I were completely honest I felt rather overdressed. Within minuet's Hayley had spotted Luke and Cassie; who both looked rather upbeat and happy considering what was going on with them at the moment. The constant boom and beat of the music got louder as we entered the club and the strong scent of alcohol and smoke lingered in the air, already I'd begun to regret my choice in footwear as the ache had already begun in both my feet and I quickly scanned the area for the nearest seat. "Are Luna and Michael coming together?" I yell over the tempo

"I think they are already here" Cassie speaks into my ear as we reach the bottom of the stairs heading towards the dancefloor "And this is their first date" she laughs grasping Luke's hand as he supports her through the club, already he's making a V line toward the bar

"Who wants what?" he asks, bending down to hear our drinks orders

"I'll have a vodka and coke" I reply, delving into my bag to get some money out "How much Luke?"

"Don't worry, this round is on me" he smiles pushing his way through to the front of the bar to place the order.

Once we'd gotten our first drink Michael came and found us, escorting us up to the table that he and Luna had been sitting at for the last half hour. It was rather sweet that after all the fuss Luna made, trying to set me and Michael up they ended up being the ones getting together. It wasn't long before Hayley had wandered off to the dance floor, leaving me to be the fifth wheel to the two couples sitting opposite me wrapped up in their own little worlds. "Where have you been?" I exclaimed as a rather tipsy Hayley appears from the abyss of the dance floor

"well I" she stammers before downing the rest of her drink,

"Hey" A tall, dark haired boy says as he comes and wraps his arms around Hayley's waist, so this must be Calum...great.

"Sorry" she mouths, Calum kissing her neck.

This night had turned out to be a disaster, not one single second passed without me thinking about Ashton and how I could be with him right now instead of being the seventh wheel. I decided to be the daring one and phone him, unsure whether this was a good idea or not; regardless it was one of my many better options than sitting here moping all night. I'd taken the liberty to excuse myself from the table, fibbing to everyone that I needed a bathroom break when in reality I was going out the back to phone Ashton.

The cool breeze hit me as soon as I entered the rather crowded smoking area, a slight relief from the stuffy dancefloor of the club. I'd taken refuge towards the back where there were fewer people to blow smoke in my face and listen to my conversation, making sure it was all clear to phone up this intoxicating man. "Hello?" I ask as the other end of the phone falls silent.

"Ally?" he questions, not really anticipating my phone call "I wasn't expecting you to phone whilst on your night out" pausing for a brief second "Is everything okay?"

"I know but I've been demoted to the seventh wheel and if I'm completely honest I'd much rather spend my evening with you than the couples club" flashing a small smile, even though I knew he couldn't see me.

"I don't think me going to the club will be a safe option, what if someone sees me with you?"

"Can I go to your house?" Asking him in an almost childlike tone, wanting to wrap him around my little finger as tightly as possible. There was a moment of silence as he deliberated his answer

"Okay Miss Harper, I'll be over there in ten minutes" he chuckles down the phone,

"Thank you sir" giggling to myself as every cell in my body vibrated as though I were about to burst "See you soon"

"I'll see you soon"

The silence indicated he'd hung up, and I couldn't wait to spend the night at Mr Irwin's place for the first time.