Chapter. 12

Oh my goodness, I couldn't take Luna's persistent nagging, I knew that she had worked hard for me to get a date to this ball thing but I really didn't want or need her help. Michael went and told Luna that it wasn't going to work out between the two of us since I had a boyfriend that Mr Irwin seemed oh so interested in, if I'm completely honest I really wasn't listening to a word Luna was saying. I got the gist that she wasn't in the slightest bit impressed judging from her foul facial expression, her eyebrows furrowed at me when she realised that I wasn't paying attention. "Seriously Ally I was just trying to help; you didn't have to get your tutor involved" That's when I snapped back into reality "Why did you tell Mr Irwin that you had a boyfriend when you don't? is there something that you haven't told me in regards to your relationship status?" I wasn't entirely sure what she did and didn't know in that moment.

"It's just really complicated just now that's all" I sigh looking for a way to judge her mood

"If you're back with Marcus I will kill you for going back to that scum bag" her nostrils flared out indicating anger, not a single one of my friends liked Marcus Tully, and I myself wasn't the biggest fan of his, although him turning up after all this time brought back some rather haunting memories. A time in my life that I didn't exactly want to remember, after that day in the library Mr- Ashton was made aware that I was in an abusive past relationship but he didn't know that half of what went on behind closed doors.

"I'm not back with Marcus Luna, you know as well as anyone I wouldn't go back to him" Again I let out a rather large sigh trying to avoid eye contact, as much as I liked Luna and respected her as a friend I couldn't tell her my little secret involving Ashton "It's some guy that I met and I don't exactly know where I stand with him at this present moment, I thought Mr Irwin would be a good confidant since he was a tutor"

"I just worry about you that's all, Michael is a good guy, sweet and intelligent, the way he sings and plays the guitar- "she cuts herself off, the way her olive skin blushed pink was enough for me to go on that she in fact had feelings for the boy I'd been set up with

"Why don't you and Michael go together, I can tell you like him a lot more than I do" I smirk at her looking over to see Mr Irwin standing by the coffee stand, his brown curls tousling over his face, causing him to run his hand through it glancing over at me with those inviting hazel eyes, the way his jaw clenched I could tell that he had to push a thought right to the back of his mind, fighting feelings that we both just wanted to express to the world.

"We can't we are just two different people, it wouldn't work" she shrugs, glancing carelessly down at her phone

"Cassie and Luke are different people and they work?" I suggest trying my hardest not to look over at the most handsome, god like creature behind me. "She's a cute rich girl who didn't know the world was round until last week, and Luke's this fluffy bad ass who rebels against society, he's tattooed and pierced...you don't get much different than that" I giggle, watching as she ponders for a moment

"We are different Ally, worlds apart. I'm doing events and business he's a musician when we finish we will be going to opposite ends of the country to follow our dreams" she takes in a sharp intake of breath switching off her phone before taking a sip of her coffee

"One night wouldn't hurt"

"One night would, I'd fall too hard and be unable to get back from it, then what do we do?"

"You make it work, because the way I see it you would be happier together than apart and its killing you right now not being able to be with him" She pondered on that thought for a moment, weighing up the negatives and the positives in her head, before ultimately deciding on an outcome for her thought process