Chapter. 7

After that tantalising conversation with Mr Irwin I couldn't get anything but him out of my mind, he had completely consumed me in this dark and dangerous cloud that I did not want to escape from, in fact I wanted to delve deeper into this forbidden fantasy.

I had to meet with the girls after my chat with Mr Irwin to go dress shopping for this stupid masquerade dance, although I didn't particularly fancy spending hours traipsing around shops watching my friends try on dress after dress. Walking out into the fresh afternoon air I watched as Ella stood cosying in with Cass and Hayley, they stood there sipping from their university paper cups as I began walking over, my blood boiled with rage how on earth could Ella be so two faced about everything, and over the most idiotic thing ever.

"Ally wait up!" I stop in my tracks and turn to see Luna almost running towards me, she still had this elegance about her as she waddled in her high heels with a coffee cup in one hand, and a paper bag in the other which probably contained her usual bagel as the contents.

"Hey Luna" I giggle as she puffs, signalling she was out of breath "what's up?"

"I needed to speak to you quickly, it won't take long because I know you're dress shopping with the girls but I may have found you the most perfect date for the dance" she practically squeals with a huge grin on her face, my stomach instantly sunk at the news...great.

"I know I'm going to regret asking this but who?" I could already feel the panic set in at who this mystery boy could be, I didn't want to go to this dance in the first place, so Luna getting some boys hopes up wasn't exactly what I wanted

"His name is Michael, he's really good friends with that Calum boy in Cass's class" she beams, fumbling about with her coffee and bagel to get to her mobile phone "I promise you'll love him Ally, he's good looking too"

"I don't know if I'm even going to go to this thing Luna"

"What no, Ally you have to go even if you're not really into the whole thing it will still be fun" she pleads "Plus we will miss you if you're not there to take rubbish selfies with us"

"I'll think about it, I might have a slight change of heart when I see those three trying on dresses later" I smile at her before I'm embraced In a huge hug, featuring a bagel and a cup of coffee.

"Thank you so much babe it honestly wouldn't be the same without you" her face lit up instantly as she heard the news she'd clearly wanted to hear all day "Anyway Ali I'll see you next week, I'm catching a ride with some of the other girls on the committee  and they are very strongly opinionated about punctuality"

"Yeah I'll see you on Monday Luna, now hurry you don't want to be late for all that party planning madness" I cheerily smile at her as she speed walks to the parking lot, trying not to spill her coffee all over the place. Now came the difficult part of the day, I wasn't looking forward to this anyway but now Ella made a point that she was tagging along after her bitchy comments about me to Mr Irwin...I had to play nice with her in order to keep my secret from going around the whole university.

"Hurry up Ali" Hayley calls out in a playful tone at me from the parking lot, in attempts to make me walk faster "all the good dresses will be gone if you don't move your ass"

"The dresses wont all be gone calm your tits woman" I giggle fumbling in my bag for the car keys, I'd put a large keyring on it in high hopes that I wouldn't lose it in the sea of all my uni work but to no avail. "Besides we can't stay too long up town since we haven't got anything made up for dinner"

"We have leftover Chinese in the fridge so can make do with that, stop stressing grandma" Hayley lived off a strict take out diet, all she ate was food that got delivered to the door in plastic containers, I don't even know why we own plates.