"Wow, that's amazing. I never thought about learning magic, I guess it's because I'm too concerned about trying to see my dad." Cana replies.

"Take my cards. Maybe if you learn to use them then you can join the guild and reunite with your dad one day." I say as I stack up the cards and slide them towards Cana.

"That's super thoughtful of you, but I can't take your cards, they're a present from your mum." Cana replies.

"It's fine. I have plenty of things to remember my parents by. Besides, you'll probably get more use out of them than I will and call it a little thank you for helping me." I insist as I smile at Cana.

"Are you sure?" Cana questions.

"Absolutely." I reply.

"Thank you!" Cana says joyfully as she wraps her arms around me for a hug.

I just felt really warm inside, is that the satisfaction of helping someone? It felt good, but oddly enough, the hug from Cana wasn't as nice as the hug I received from Laxus, maybe it's because he was being more comforting at the time because of my situation.

"I have a good idea, why don't I take you to the market tomorrow so you can get a gift for Laxus, then you can go and see him afterwards." Cana suggests.

"Ah! That sounds awesome. Shall I meet you here?" I ask.

"Yeah, let's meet at 9:30 tomorrow morning here. I've got to go now, see you tomorrow." Cana replies as she puts the cards in the box and puts it in her bag as she walks out of the guildhall.

I can't wait for tomorrow! I'll be able to do something good for Laxus. Master Makarov approaches me, I can't tell him my intentions otherwise he might stop me, I know he said for me not to get involved, but I can't let Laxus think that I don't care.

"You seemed to have cheered up, something good happen?" Master asks.

"I just did a good deed. I gave Cana some magic cards that I had so she could learn magic and join the guild." I reply with a smile.

"Now that is a good deed. Come on, I'll take you home for dinner." Master says as he ruffles the hair on my head.

All I can think about for the rest of the evening is seeing the surprise look on Laxus' face tomorrow when I give him his present. I wonder what I should get him? He doesn't practice magic, so maybe I should get him something that suits his personality. This is going to be more difficult than I thought. All night long I toss and turn in my sleep as I continue to think of gift ideas, all that's on my mind is Laxus, especially his grin, I've never seen a smile like it, it's unique to him and makes me smile whenever he grins like it.

The next morning has arrived, and unsurprisingly, I'm pretty tired, trying to sleep was really difficult. However, my excitement for the day ahead is the fuel that's going to keep me awake and energetic. I quickly get dressed and sprint down the stairs to the kitchen where Master Makarov cooked up some pancakes for me. He places them in front of me and I grab the bottle of syrup to drizzle it on the fluffy, stacked tower. I work my way through them like a mole digging a tunnel.

"Freed, maybe you should slow down a bit, you'll give yourself a tummy ache." Master says to me as he puts down his newspaper that he is reading.

"I know, but I need to be at the guild at 9:30." I reply with stuffed cheeks.

"How come?" Master questions.

"Going shopping with Cana." I answer with my mouth full.

"Try not to talk when you're eating, and how are you able to go shopping? Do you have money?" Master asks.