Chapter 22 - The Chase

Start bij het begin

I ran out of the school and stopped outside of that wrecked place. I caught my breath and walked away from it, fighting the tears that were threatening to take control of my eyes.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

I woke up, did all the necessary things I had to do and closed the curtains to change. After I changed, I opened the curtains forgetting that Tristan would always be there staring at me... but he wasn't. He was sleeping peacefully, his chest rising up and down, snoring softly. I loved to see him like this. He wasn't begging, pleading, insulting, or hurting me in any way. I wish I could just freeze time and stare at him like that... maybe even go in there and lay there with him...

I looked away and walked out the door. What seemed like a quiet house now deceived me as I heard a laugh and voices from the kitchen. I looked at the door and then at the kitchen. I sighed and went to the kitchen, opening the door and peering through.

Andrew was there laughing along with my mom, he almost looked... friendly. His face was glowing and he looked so much younger when he smiled and laughed. He looked nothing like the man who betrayed his family and left us for someone else. My mom smiled at the ground, mirroring what I would do to Tristan. They were like a young couple and the inner child inside of me, started to hope if they were getting back together, despite how evil he might seem to me.

"Oh, morning Scarlett." he greeted me, smiling. I raised my eyebrow at him suspiciously.

"Hi?" I replied.

"Andrew came to visit us." mom said, looking through cupboards.

"Why?" I asked as if I was asking 'Why the hell would he do that?'

"Oh you know... just wanted to talk about stuff..."

"Right. Bye." I turned around to leave before he brought up the subject of Tristan. I was almost waiting for him to talk again before I reached the door handle so I paused, but all I could hear was silence so I continued with my journey. But first, I went up to my room and grabbed some clothes. Skinny jeans, a shirt and a dress. I shoved them in a bag and went to school. I made sure to arrive just in time so that I didn't need to talk to anyone and I could just go to my homeroom.

I went in, going right up to Max, handing him over my bag of clothes without a word and taking a seat next to the chair that would soon be occupied by Tristan. I stared into space blankly when he walked in, I could smell his delicious scent reach my sensitive nose and my eyes automatically flickered to the door. He stared right at me, smirking. He walked past me to get to his seat, pulling my chair back in the process. I didn't react to him, just tucked my chair in again.

"Hey Scar," he said in a mocking voice. "Miss me?"

I ignored him.

"Oh don't be like that babe." he moved closer, I could feel his breath hit my cheek. "I don't think you like ignoring me, do you?"

I jumped right up when I felt his hand grip my waist slash pinch it!

I glared at him and moved away, trying to read my book. But I felt his arm snaked around me, his curious hand doing too much research. I got annoyed. I slammed down my book, grabbed his arm and took it off of me, but he had gotten hold of my hand and tangled it with his.

This guy never gives up does he?!

I think I liked it better when he was nice! 

I glared at him while he smirked back.

"Awwh! You guys are so cute!" I heard Lizzie say. I glared at her over Tristan's back, her smile turned into a confused expression, while Becky and Riley burst out laughing. His smirk grew wider as he pulled me closer, amusement clear in his brown eyes, while mine were flaming with anger. I got distracted when he licked his lips and rubbed his chin with his other hand. I moved my head back when he moved his head forward.