34- Ethan VS Giorgia

Antonio brought Harlow to her doctor's appointment, with both not having a good feeling about the appointment and not saying much to each other in the car. The tightness in her stomach had gotten worse and before they left for the appointment, she noticed she was spotting and kept it quiet.

Antonio held Harlow's hand while she laid on the exam table, waiting for the doctor to come in. She took a deep breath, closed her eyes and whispered, "I'm sorry, Antonio."

He looked down at her and tilted his head to the side. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You'll see..."

Dr. Walters entered the room and sat down in the chair. He looked at Harlow and sensed by her expression, something wasn't right. "What do you have to report for me today?" he asked.

Harlow remained quiet. She wanted to tell him what she's been experiencing and what she noticed before coming in for her appointment, then sighed loudly, "I'm just going to say it," she said, looking at Antonio. She felt she had no more tears to shed, feeling she's cried enough lately and knew once they see the ultrasound, it wasn't going to be good.

"What's that?" Antonio asked.

"He's gone. I know he's gone and I've come to terms with it last week."

"Last week?" Antonio asked looking at her confused.

"The tightness and the cramping. I know what that means and before we came here, I was spotting." She looked away from Antonio, not wanting to look at him any longer, feeling bad about all the miscarriages and was feeling she let Antonio down.

Dr. Walters could feel her pain and felt bad. He too, knew what she was talking about with everything she's experienced and knew it wasn't a good sign. "Why don't we take a look to be sure," he said quietly. He began examining her and looked at the computer screen, while Antonio looked on. Antonio's heart sank when he noticed there wasn't any movement and closed his eyes.

The doctor turned the machine off, lowered his head and closed his eyes while rubbing his temples with his one hand.

"He's really gone, isn't he?" Antonio asked. Sighing when the doctor shook his head, yes. Antonio dropped down in the seat behind him, placed his elbows on his knees and lowered his head into his hands.

Dr. Walters stood and looked at Harlow sadly. "I'm sorry, Harlow."

Antonio and Harlow left the doctor's office and headed straight for the hospital. Harlow knew he was gone a week ago, but wanted him to be with her longer. Antonio remained quiet until they arrived at the hospital, saying only a few words as they walked inside and checked in. While in the waiting area, Harlow kept looking over to Antonio and placed her hand into his. "Please, say something," she whispered.

He was feeling angry, hurt, and bad for Harlow. Nothing was going right for her and didn't know what to do anymore. He had no words for what was going on and looked over to her. "I love you," he whispered. That's all he could think of saying. Feeling if he said anything else, he wasn't sure how it would come out and didn't want to say the wrong thing and for it to end up into a fight.

Harlow was finally called by the nurse and they headed back to the room, where they were going to help the baby abort. After a couple hours, the baby was born and was handed over to Harlow to hold. "We'll give you two as much time as you need," the doctor said, leaving the room with the nurses.

Antonio and Harlow bonded with their baby boy, naming him Davide Amadeo Russo. Davide meant beloved, and Amadeo meant God's love in Italian. "He's so beautiful Antonio," she cried.

"He is, he will always be remembered. Just remember we'll be with him again someday," he said quietly, fighting back tears.

After an hour, the doctor came into the room, asking if they had enough time with him, then asked what they would like to do. "We'll give him a proper funeral," Antonio said sadly. "I'll make arrangements the moment we get home."