11- Surprises

Antonio continued talking to Ethan about his plans on marrying Harlow, as well as his hopes and dreams with her. Antonio held up the bottle, waving it back and forth to Ethan. "Another?"

Ethan grinned and slid his glass over to him. "You don't have to ask me twice."

Antonio and Ethan stayed up drinking for a while, until Ethan finally had enough and sat down on the other end of the couch where Harlow was sleeping and passed out. Antonio walked over to Harlow and picked her up, carrying her up the stairs and into the bedroom.

He laid her on the bed, debating about changing her into something a little more comfortable to sleep in, but was worried about what she would think if he did, and left her the way she was. He climbed into bed and fell asleep quickly.

Later, Harlow opened her eyes, looked around and held her head as it pounded. She then realized she wasn't where she last was and turned her head to the side, looking at Antonio. She moved closer to him and laid her head on his chest, wrapping her arm around him.

He felt her snuggle up to him and wrapped his arm around her, kissing the top of her head while he was somewhat asleep. The way her head was pounding, felt like was someone pounding her head with a hammer and closed her eyes, hoping to fall asleep a little longer and to get rid of the headache.

It was around nine in the morning, Antonio woke up with Harlow in his arms and had to get up to use the bathroom, but was worried about waking her. He laid a little longer, until he couldn't hold it any longer and gently slid her off him.

He was feeling a little headache himself and grabbed some ibuprofen and a glass of water, downing the pills and hoping the headache would go away soon. Strong coffee is what I need, he mumbled.

After starting the coffee, he walked down the stairs to check on Ethan. He was still in the same spot where he left him and looked over at the table. His eyes widened when he saw the ring he bought for Harlow was still sitting on the table and quickly walked over to grab it.

He snuck back in his room and quietly opened his drawer, hiding the ring under some clothes. He could hear her moving and walked over, sitting on the bed next to her. As he looked at her, he slid his fingers through her hair and lowered his face to hers, kissing her cheek.

Her eyes opened and wrapped her arms around him tight, pulling him in for a morning kiss. "Good morning sunshine," he says, smiling.

"Morning," she moaned. Her head was still pounding and placed the palm of her hand on her forehead. "You wouldn't happen to have anything for a headache, do you?"

He laughed quietly. "I do, I'll be right back."

He left to get her a glass of water and some ibuprofen and walked back into the room, handing them to her. "Would you like some coffee also? It just finished brewing."

"I could really use some, thanks."

Antonio was pouring Harlow a cup of coffee, when Ethan roamed into the kitchen. "I could use a cup of coffee, if that's alright."

Antonio chuckled. "You have a hangover as well?"

"Yea, my head is pounding pretty good."

Antonio poured him a cup and handed him a bottle of ibuprofen. "Your sister isn't doing so well either."

Ethan laughed. "She's a rookie, but I have to say... damn even my head is hurting."

Harlow slowly walked into the kitchen, sitting down next to Ethan. Ethan then turned to her and laughed. Her hair was all over the place and her mascara was smeared all over underneath her eyes. "You look like you've been road hard."