26- The appointment

Antonio and Harlow left for her doctor's appointment, along the way, he couldn't contain the excitement that was growing inside him and kept looking over her way, grinning from ear to ear. He couldn't wait to hear the confirmation of her pregnancy, to see how far along she was and, to hear the first heartbeat.

Antonio held Harlow's hand while waiting for Dr. Walters to come into the room. He turned his head toward her, saw the nervous look on her face and with his other hand, he caressed her cheek softly and winked, asking if she was okay.

"I'm a little nervous," Harlow said, taking a deep breath.

"Why?"

"I don't know, what if something's wrong? It's obviously my first pregnancy and I'm not sure what to expect. All I know is, I'm tired of constantly feeling sick."

He removed his hand from hers and placed his hand on her thigh. "I'm sure nothing is wrong; you're just being paranoid." He leaned towards her and kissed her gently on the lips. "I'm sure the sickness will go away soon."

"I hope so, that's the only part that sucks about being pregnant," she smirked. She rested her elbow on the table beside her and rested her head in her hand, wishing the doctor would hurry and come into the room. "They always seem to take their sweet time, don't they?"

"He'll be here, relax..."

There was a knock at the door and both looked towards the door as it opened. "Hello Harlow, hope all is well with you," he said happily as he sat. He shook their hands and smiled. "Congratulations to the both of you on your recent marriage. I was happy to hear that you found your true love," Dr. Walters said with a smile.

"All is well and thank you, I couldn't be any happier." She looked away from the doctor to look at Antonio and explained how he's been their family's doctor since she was little.

"I see the reason on why you're here is, because of an at home pregnancy test you took, and the result came back as positive, is that right?"

She smiled and looked at Antonio. "Yes, that's why we're here."

The doctor handed her a gown, then left the room, allowing her time to change and to grab the ultrasound machine. After a few minutes, the doctor came back in with a nurse. As they set up the machine and got things ready, Antonio stood next to Harlow, holding her hand as she laid on the bed. He leaned and kissed her forehead. "In just a few minutes, we'll get to see our little peanut," he said in awe, feeling he was more excited about this, than she was.

"Would you like a chair to sit in?" the doctor asked Antonio.

"No thank you, I can stand."

"Are you sure? I've had patients faint while seeing their little one come onto the screen."

Antonio chuckled. "I'll be fine, this is something I've been wanting and dreaming of for years."

"I give you credit," he smiled. He grabbed a tube and squirted a little of the gel onto Harlow's stomach. "Let's see what we have here, shall we?"

Antonio squeezed Harlow's hand tighter as he watched the doctor mess with the machine. The doctor grabbed the wand and began moving it around. "Uh huh, you're definitely pregnant," he said, stopping to type something into the computer, then started moving the wand again. With the doctor's eyes glued to the screen, he spoke. "Everything is looking good and both to size. It's looking like you're about six weeks pregnant."

Antonio's eyes widened. "Both to size? What do you mean by that?"

Dr. Walters smiled. "Now, you may want to sit."