13- Calming the nerves

Antonio made an offer on the house and had been waiting to hear if the owners would accept his offer. In the meantime, while waiting for the homeowner's response, he received a phone call from the FAA, letting him know all necessary repairs were completed and that his plane had finished inspection, as well as, having the aircrafts final certificate of operation in hand waiting for him to be picked up. After work, he drove over to the airport, met with the FAA, inspected the aircraft and checked to see what all had been repaired.

While he was there, he called his personal pilot asking to meet him at the airport so they could go over everything and to make plans for their trip to Cancun. After meeting with the pilot, he drove home and looked online for where the best places to stay in Cancun would be and since it would be their first vacation together, he wanted to make sure everything would be perfect and to give her that mesmerizing smile he loved so much.

Antonio figured since Harlow wouldn't be around for the evening and was going to be out with her friends for the night, he decided he would make a special visit over to her parents' home and to have a talk with them. Ethan answered the door, letting him in. "Harlow isn't home right now."

"I know, I actually came by wanting to talk to your parents, are they home?"

"Is something wrong?" Ethan curiously asked. He could see the look in Antonio's face that he was nervous, or was worried about something.

"No, no, not at all. I just have some things I would like to talk to them about. Which means, you need to go do something and leave us be," he winked.

Ethan finally understood what he was up to after remembering the ring Antonio showed him and chuckled. "Oh, I know what you're wanting to do," he smiled. "I'll go let them know that you're here."

"Thanks."

Antonio sat on the couch while Ethan went off to inform his parents, he was there wanting to have a talk with them. He was feeling nervous and sat there taking in some deep breaths, trying to calm his nerves. Ethan walked back over to Antonio and sat down next to him with a smirk. "Damn man, I've never seen you so nervous before, are you going to make it?"

"I'll be fine."

"Just do what I do, whenever I feel like I'm about to have a panic attack, I put a brown paper bag to my mouth and drink the entire bottle of bourbon I have inside the bag," he chuckled.

Antonio grinned. "Not tonight, I can deal without the alcohol for one night, especially about this."

Ethan laughed. "Are you sure? I can go sneak you a quick shot. It might help calm those nerves of yours, even though my parents are pretty cool and easy to talk to."

"Thanks, but I'm good."

"Alrighty then, good luck. They're out in the backyard sitting by the fire, they said you're more than welcome to come join them."

Antonio walked out back, found a chair and sat down next to them. "Nice night out."

"It's a very nice night, what brings you on by?" Charlotte said with a smile. "Ethan mentioned you would like to talk to us about something."

Antonio cleared his throat and sat straight. As he looked at her parents he felt his heart beating faster than what it was moments ago and began to sweat like he had bad working out in the gym. Of all the cases he ever had to deal with and to go in front of a judge, as well as dealing with his parents at times when he was younger and some of the nervous times he had with Harlow, he never had been as nervous as he was right now. He raked his fingers through his hair while telling himself to calm down. "I had some things on my mind and I wanted to talk to you about them before I brought it up to Harlow," he said stuttering.