Chapter 2

Alia's p.o.v

I saw him again,after seven years,I saw him,I saw Zion,I saw the man every one has been telling me about,I saw the man my mother said didn't stop coming, didn't stop checking on me,and didn't stop loving me.

But it's painful, painful that I feel like I've forgotten, painful that I didn't remember to forget him, painful that I need to not remember him,so I can have a peaceful life,life without drama and pain, without insecurities and overwhelming pressure of being perfect for every one.

I want to remember to forget,I need to remember to forget,so I would have a different life,so I can be free,free from my father's memories,free from Tracy's betrayal,I need to remember to forget.

"Alia!"Pearl badged into the room startling me.

"Oh sorry I startled you,but dinner is served and I was hoping you would come downstairs"she said unsure of how to ask me so I won't be frightened.

"Okay I would be there in a minute"i said almost like a whisper.

"Okay take your time"Pearl said and left.

I took in my reflection in mirror,I had grown into a beautiful woman,I didn't even recognize myself,the last Time I saw my face was seven years ago,the woman Starring back at me in the mirror was a different person, she was beautiful,and she had secrets,many secrets that it was better she hadn't woken up yet.

I sighed and picked up the brush on my make up stand,I brushed my hair holding eye contact with my reflection,I need to always remember to forget,else my world will turn upside down again and I can't let that happen, Never.

After combing, I put my hair in a messy bun,and applied a little makeup,I changed from the gown I was wearing to a more shorter red one that eneded at the middle of my thigh,it had a deep v cut at the back that exposed my back,I didn't know why I was dressing up for an ordinary dinner,but I believe it's better to be ready for surprise's,I applied a little mascara and powdered my face,a little make up and that's all it took to look more beautiful,I took in my reflection and I was satisfied with what I saw,I nodded my head in approval and made my way downstairs to the dinning.

Everyone was already seated at the table, Mr Eric and his wife that were inseperatable was as always sitting beside each other,Pearl and her sister were seated beside each other too, my mum,Daniel and Claire where seated on the same roll,but beside Zion was an empty chair which I believed was meant for me, intentionally beside him,I took in a deep breath and walked up to them.

immediately Zion Saw me he stood up and pulled out the chair beside him for me,I said a thank you and sat down,and all eyes where on me,the whole room was silent as everyone stopped talking, awkward was how I was feeling at the moment.

"You look pretty alia, I almost didn't recognize you,but I hate the dress tho"Isabella said breaking the awkward silence.

"Am sorry if you hate the dress,I thought it was pretty and besides Pearl bought it for me"I said to Isabella.

"No wonder,it's pretty too tho, we've been waiting for you,now can I finally eat!"Isabella said pouting her lips.

"Sure baby"Mrs knight said and we all started eating.

"So Alia,what were the things you saw while in coma?"Mr knight asked after a while.

"Eric c'mon you are not suppose to ask her that"Mrs knight said cautioning her husband.

"It's okay ma'am,in coma all I saw was darkness, some days I heard voices from afar,I was walking in complete darkness but there was also a beeping sound that never stopped,I tried to turn it off but I couldn't,every day was more like torture than sleep"I said and unconsciously tears began to roll down my face as I remembered my experience.

"Oh am so sorry baby,I wish I could do something,every single day I prayed that you'd come back to us,for seven good years Alia there were countless times I almost died,but i kept telling myself that I had to be strong for you"my mum said in tears.

"Oh mummy don't cry,it's in the past now and am back,and I promise never to leave you again I promise"I said as I took my mum's hands across the table as she was sitting directly opposite me.

"Was it the darkness that made you forget?"Zion asked.

"Maybe,and apart from that all I could see was my childhood memories that's why I never forgot my mum I believe"I said.

" But you forgot me"Zion whispered under his breath and clenched his fist in anger,if I wasn't so close to him I wouldn't have heard him.

That's when I started thinking,maybe I shouldn't remember to forget him,maybe I should remember him,maybe I should remember to remember him,I was scared that it would only bring more problems for me,I was scared that if I remembered Zion then my heart would be in trouble again, without him I wouldn't be complete and I didn't want that,I didn't want that life,I didn't want that intoxicating love anymore,I didn't want to have to add him to my life anymore,it would be better of this way,but then as I looked into those eyes of his,my thoughts and reasons seemed stupid,and i began to long for him,my gaze fell to his lips and I began to want them on mine,I wanted to know how he tasted,I wanted to know what it is like to be in his embrace,I wanted to make love to him,I wanted his kisses,his touch,his affection,I wanted him.

"Good evening everyone am sorry to interrupt but I need to speak to my fiancee!! Who didn't bother to let me know he was leaving! Zion Enrique knight you have explanations to do!" A female voice said angrily.

And all our attention turned to the lady who entered the dinning hall,she was dressed in a beautiful peach coloured gown that emphasised all her curves which were all in the right places, she had beautiful long hair that cascaded down her back,she had a powerful Aura around her,with her shoes and bag you would know she was filthy rich, I turned to look at Zion who had an angry expression on his face with his brow frouwed.

"And who are you?"Pearl asked.

"My name is Samantha O'Brian and I am Zions fiancee"

"WHAT?!!!"

I better remember to forget him.

************************************
Lost love!

Hello guys,how have you all been.

So,, Zion ehh, that apple doesn't really fall far from the tree then.

What do you think alia means by "remember to forget?"

Is Samantha going to be another thorn in the flesh for Alia and Zion?

Find out in the next chapters!!!

THANKS FOR READING!

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT AND ALSO FOLLOW ME HERE ON WATTPAD FOR MORE INTRESTING STORIES AND YOU CAN ALSO CHECK OUT MY OTHER WORKS HERE ON WATTPAD

Xoxo
Until next time.