CHAPTER 1

Seven years, seven good years, seven years of torture,of pain,of not having the woman I love by my side,seven years of seeing her grow in her sleep, seven painful years,and now finally she has woken up, finally I would get to see the color of her eyes once again, finally I would get to see her smile, finally, finally I would have my Alia in my arms again.

After I received the call from Pearl,the joy and happiness I felt was unmeasurable, I stupidly gave my P.A a raise and free lunch for all my staffs,which surprised them,well I couldn't hold myself, immediately I ordered my P.A to book a flight to New York but unfortunately it was fully booked,so I called my pilot and told him to ready the jet.

"Anna have you spoken to Chris yet?"I asked my p.a who was still shocked by my grand gesture.

"Yes.......yes......yes.... Sir I've called him and he said first thing tomorrow morning the jet would be ready for take off"Anna said,fumbling with her words, something she does whenever she was scared or whatever.

"Tomorrow? Are you stupid or something I said am leaving for new York this evening and you are saying tomorrow? tell Chris that if that jet isn't ready before 5pm he is fired" I said angrily.

"Yes sir" Anna said and dashed out of the office.

I didn't know how to feel about seeing Alia again,I hope I was still good enough for her,I hope I still looked handsome in her eyes,well she has been in coma for seven years did she even know how to have a choice anymore,how would she react to the fact that she is all grown and looking like a c.e.o's wife, would she like my hair now? Or how I looked?.

"God Zion put yourself together for God sake"I said to myself.

I picked up my phone and dialled the one person I know would understand how I was feeling and would give me good advice on what to do, my mum.

"Hey ma"I said when she picked up

"Zion Enrique knight what is the problem"she said on the other end.

"Are you angry?"I asked.

"No am not baby just frustrated,your father is really giving me a headache here, common tell Mama what's wrong"

"Oh Lord have mercy,one, am not a child anymore am sure you know that,two for God sake mum keep your love life to yourself,I called cause am a mess right now,am fidgeting like stupid Anna and it's annoying!,am on my way to new York and I don't know how to behave when I see her or what to do"I said the frustration evident in my voice.

"Ok knight calm down,just be yourself,she just woke up and she has amnesia don't expect her to jump into your arms and kiss you and tell you how much she loves you,she's going to withdraw from you at first and you should understand that,take it slow and easy with her,and don't expect her to remember you in a week or two or even a month time,you have to be that patient even tho I know it's something you knights lack in your blood but you have to try baby,just be calm,be yourself and let time heal"

"Thanks ma but honestly I believe you should become a therapist it's suites you"I said.

"Shut up,love you baby and I can't wait to see you again it's been a year now"

"Ok I would call you when we get there,love you"

"Love you too baby"

After talking with my mum I felt a kind of peace in my mind and heart,well I wasn't peaceful enough to wear what I had on to new York tho,I was looking too formal in my deep blue Armani suit, I needed to make her comfortable around me,I needed to wear something that might make her remember me, so I picked up my phone and dialled my wardrobe managers number.