Chapter 39

Ace dropped me with Kira as he said and left immediately,Kira on the other hand had a frown on her face but ace didn't notice it,it was something only a woman could understand.

"So....where have you been?"she asked immediately ace left.

"Safe,he kept me safe"I said with a smirk on my face,if she wanted to get jealous I couldn't care less.

"He kept you safe,that's something he would do for anybody so don't feel too special or let it get in your head,get in the car"she said and entered the car.

I rolled my eyes and got in,I strapped myself with my seat belt immediately and turned to the cars window,I didn't want to have any conversation with her whatsoever all I wanted was to get home to my son's

The car ride was a silent one and I was thankful for that, She stopped at the same place she dropped me off before and I got out of the car,and immediately she sped off,Kira was a rough driver but who was I to tell her to slow down when driving.

I pressed the bell and the security pulled open the gates for me,they had a surprised look ok their face but I couldn't care less,I walked pass them without saying a word,on getting to the door of the mansion I heard voices arguing.

"How could you place a hit on her"I heard a female voice say.

So I quickly entered the house to see who she was talking to and lo and behold it was the lady I saw on the cctv camera few weeks back,and she was shouting at zion who sat on his chair with his brows frowned.

"I had to okay"he said they both still hadnt noticed me.

"No zion that was wrong,now where is she?"she Said

"I don't know okay...I......alia"zion said when he saw me.

"So you placed the hit on me?"I asked and tears began to form at the bank of my eyes.

"Yes I did,to keep you away from everything"he said without remorse.

"Keep me safe? You! How dare you!"I shouted at him, I couldn't believe it,the audacity.

"Yes,I know you don't see it that way but,that's the truth,so where have you been all this while?"he said like what he did wasn't a big deal.

"Go to hell"I said and started going upstairs.

"Alia! You need to know the truth"the lady said which made me stop.

I turned to face her,and for the first time I saw face very well,she was beautiful tho,very if I may add.

"No! Don't!"zion said.

"It's high time she knows what's really going on zion! You can't keep protecting her from it!"she said to zion.

"Please tell me whatever it is,please"I Said, desperation kicking in.

"Okay,when you went into coma,after we all graduated from school and then college,I started working for the knights empire,I'm zoe by the way,and I'm an undercover agent" she said and stretched her hand for a handshake.

"Okay"I said and didn't take the hand shake,I was definitely not in the mood for all that.

"So after taking over his father's company,zion found out that there were a lot of things going on in the knights empire,some allies his father has and some people that do business with him,outside the company's normal business, nothing illegal tho but some where dangerous and that includes the mafia that is being led by Alessandro Giovanni Cesar, whom you know as Ace"she said.

"Okay"I said, waiting for more.

"Alessandro thinks zion killed his sister cause they had a misunderstanding,zion wanted to cut ties from them,cause he and Gio could never  be on good terms cause of their dispute,and he also found out that Gio was visiting you at the hospital when you were in coma and was planning on using you to get revenge on him,cause he never supported zions relationship with his sister,whom you know as samantha"she said.

"But zion didn't kill samantha,I was there when she died"I said confused.

"Gio doesn't believe that,so that's why zion planned to disappear when you were pregnant but before he could come up with a good escape plan,Aaron sabotaged it by placing a small bomb on his plane,he tried killing him and in other for zion to make sure you will be safe he had to stay away till he knew how to handle both Aaron and Gio and him staying away was keeping you safe,cause they were all watching you"she said.

"But I don't understand,you insulted me at the naming ceremony,I thought you were one of zions many fiance's"I said.

"We were talking in codes dear,I came to tell him that when have everything we need to pin Aaron down already"she said.

"Okay,but then the file,you took it from me"I Said.

"Yes cause we couldn't allow Gio get his hands on it,cause we found out that there's is someone else that's after both zion and Gio,and they are called the vipers,they are after power and zion and Gio are the two people that is stopping them from taking it,and of course your mother"she said and paused, waiting for my reaction.

"I know my mum is the worse already,I've know she has been in cahoots with Aaron all these while"I said.

"Really? You knew all this while?"zion asked surprised.

"When I say tell me what's going on,do you think I didn't have a clue of anything at all,that's why you didn't want to tell me?,I am a mother zion,mothers are smarter than you can ever imagine"I said to him.

"Your mum wants to take over the knights empire,as always,she wants to rip where she didn't sow and as always there is always a man that would do iher every biding,and this time around that man is Aaron,so the vipers are after zion and everything he loves,but they respect one thing and that's marriage,I don't know why but,if you and zion gets married, they'll leave you alone and focus on Gio"she said.

"So that's why you wanted me to marry you"I said and turned to look at zion,and he just gave me a little nod.

"This vipers do you know who their leader is?"I asked zoe.

"Not sure yet but we are really suspecting your mum alia,she is the only one with good enough reasons to but we don't know for sure,it's just a hunch"she said.

"Okay so why did Ace...I mean Gio,why did he asked me to get that file? What does it contains?"I asked.

"Recent business transactions that he can manipulate to his own favor"she said.

"Okay,I feel good knowing what's really going on and I know exactly what to do"I said.

"And what is that exactly?"zion asked.

"I need to see Ace that's for sure and leave his group,I can't support someone who would want harm any member of my family"I said.

"That's good"zion said and pulled me in for a hug.

We stood that way for a while,just basking in each other's embrace,I could say this was the first time I sincerely enjoyed being in his arms,atlist now I know the reason he did everything he has done.

"I'm sorry for everything,I'm so sorry"he said and pecked me on the fore head.

"It's fine,I understand now"I said and pulled him in more tighter.

I was tired of fighting already,I was finally at peace, knowing what's really going on around me has made my purpose clearer,now I knew who my enemies were and who my friends are,now the battle line was clearer,and I knew how I would win this silent war.

Finally I have all the weapons I need.

*******************************
Lost love

Xoxo
Drops pen.