Chapter 23) Meeting Roman's Family

Start from the beginning

I looked at him and replied with a simple nod.

A few minutes later, we made it to his house and it looked like a gigantic mansion.

"We're here, baby. Ready to meet my parents?"

"Yeah!" I replied.

We exited the Uber and walked over towards his house. Roman knocked on the door as his mother came out with the biggest smile on her face. He didn't tell anyone in his family that we were visiting for a few days and I stood there, watching his mother hug him while I remained silent from a distance. She glanced over from his shoulder and noticed me standing there.

"Who's this?" She asked with a smile, walking towards me.

"This is my beautiful girlfriend, Ashley."

"She is indeed beautiful. I'm Patricia, Roman's mother."

His mother reeled me into a hug.

"I'm Ashley. It's nice to meet you!"

"The pleasures all mine!"

I felt like the shyness I've had towards his family began to slowly fade off. Roman opened the door and escorted us into the house. The interior of his house was incredible, and I loved everything about it.

"Take a seat, kids. I made some dinner if you both would like some."

"Sure! I haven't ate in awhile." I said without hesitation.

Roman chimes in, "She loves Samoan food. The first food that she had of it was Panikeke."

"I can understand why." Patricia smiled. "My son's such a great cook."

"Roman? If I may ask, where's your father?" I asked.

"Yeah, where's dad mom?"

"Oh, he's out somewhere and he should be back here roughly in a few hours or tomorrow. It depends if he's out with his friends tonight. It'll be a nice surprise to see his son with his new girlfriend when he returns back eventually!"

She handed me some dinner that looked really delicious. I've grown to love Samoan food because of Roman, and his mother is such a sweetheart! I've never had someone's family enjoy my company, or accept me for who I truly was.

Roman's phone went off while I proceeded to eat dinner. He received a text from his cousins, Jimmy and Jey.

"Have you met my cousins who are in WWE along with us?"

"I don't believe I have."

"Well, it seems like they're arriving over here tomorrow."

"Really?" Roman's mother exclaimed.

"Mhm, I'm excited. I haven't talked to them since the Rumble."

Later in the evening, it was beginning to get dark outside and we went to Roman's childhood bedroom upstairs. It felt different; because we were used to sleeping in hotel rooms. I never thought I'd be sleeping in my boyfriend's bedroom of all things.

"It looks just like how I had it before I left."

There was NFL and wrestling stuff all over his bedroom. From wrestling posters to his college football, his room was gigantic.

"Do you like my room?" He asked me.

"Of course I do! It's your bedroom. But wow, I never knew how much you loved college football."

He smiled while glancing over at the posters and then looking over at me, "I used to play in the Georgia Tech football team. My dream was to become a huge football player at the time for the NFL before I made it to the WWE. Unfortunately, I was kicked from the team and wasn't drafted. However, my last resort was wrestling because of my family's Samoan bloodline."

"I'm sorry that you were kicked from the team, babe."

"It's alright. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have met you. I assume everything happens for a reason, don't you think?" He said.

"It's for the best if we get ready to sleep for the night since you're finally getting to meet my cousins tomorrow, along with my father. He was probably out with his friends for tonight, but he's going to be shocked to see me. And not just that, but also noticing that I'm starting to slowly settle down for once in my life." 

We crawled into his bed and surprisingly, it was big enough for two. He put the blanket around us and I buried myself onto his chest. I felt like everything was perfect at this point. His mother also loved me from the moment we met. Crazy enough, I never thought I'd find love in the WWE, let alone his mother adoring me at first sight.

"I never thought I'd get lucky to have a woman like you." Roman said while his chin was lying on the top of my head. After that, we both fell asleep in sync.

The following morning, I woke up to seeing Roman lying down next to me and sprawled out. Hilarious enough, noticing that he was sleeping with his mouth open made me laugh. I accidentally woke him up as he rubbed his eyes and looked at me with confusion.

"Babe, what's so funny?" He asked.

"You were asleep with your mouth opened. You took up the majority of the bed."

He yawned, "I'm sorry, Ashley."

We got out of bed and heard two other voices along with Roman's mother downstairs. It happened to be The Usos. We made our way down the stairs to greet them and then I started feeling nervous once again.

"What's up, Big Uce?" Jey asked.

Roman rubbed his eyes. "Well for one, I just woke up, Jey."

"It's alright." Jimmy said with a sudden pause, " Hey Uce, is this your girlfriend?"

"Yeah. I've been with her for awhile now. But have you guys seen my father?" He asked.

"He's here and all, but he should-" Jey cut himself off while we heard a voice emerge into the room.

"Alright, I got the food for tonight-" He paused, glancing over at both Roman and I from afar.

"Son! It's so nice to see you again!" His father hugged him and looked over at me standing with Jimmy and Jey.

"Who is this?" He asked.

"This is my girlfriend, Ashley."

"Nice to meet you." He greeted me with a smile. "I'm Sika, Roman's father."

I shook his hand, "It's nice to meet you too!"

"I don't believe we've met, Jimmy and Jey." I said after talking to Sika.

"We haven't, but we seen you defeat Becky Lynch on your main roster debut and girl, you have what it takes to being a top superstar for the divas division!"

"Thank you so much!"

Roman's family adored me already within a day. I was surrounded by people who made me feel welcomed into their home. I felt like they considered me family already because I made Roman the happiest man in the world. I couldn't be any happier. I couldn't wait for what the rest of the day had to bring for us.