chapter twenty-nine

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

COMPLETE AGAIN

THE UNUSUAL YET COMFORTING WARMTH woke Chanel up from a dreamless slumber. She stilled when she felt someone stir beside her, an arm holding her tightly. Opening her eyes slightly, the ginger panicked a bit when she realized that she was not in her own room. The place was wider and with more candles that smelled a bit like pine trees. The sheets were more warmer and silkier, compared to her scratchy ones. Tilting her head to the side, Chanel almost screamed when she realized that her head was resting on top of a male's bare chest. Langdon glanced at her, lips curled up in a smirk. She was confused at first, but she slowly remembered what happened last night. Her stupidity had almost killed her. She had almost drowned in a bathtub because she fell asleep while taking a long bath.

"Good morning, Adelaine," The blond greeted, his hand smoothing back her untamed orange hair. The ginger leaned into the touch, her eyes closing as she relished in the familiarity of his skin on hers. Honestly, she didn't know yet what to really feel about Langdon but she liked it how he made her feel, so she didn't want to let go.

"Good morning, Mr. Langdon –" She started, but the man in front of her quickly interrupted her.

Langdon cupped her face delicately with his large hand, "Michael. Call me Michael," He lifted his body up a bit, his face now on the same level as her, "I'm sorry I treated you that way, my love. I didn't mean to make you cry. I hate seeing you cry."

"I-I'm so confused about everything." Chanel admitted as she averted her gaze from the blond.

"Don't worry," Michael assured her as she found his familiar icy blue eyes again, "I'll explain everything to you. But for now, you have to rest. You almost died last night. I don't want anything bad happening to you again."

"Okay," The ginger nodded her head in understanding, smiling a bit. She rested her head on Michael's bare chest again as he pulled her closer to his body with his strong arm. Chanel felt his lips against her head as he planted a kiss on it.

"Michael?" She suddenly remembered what she saw in her vision about what happened to Adelaine. The ginger didn't know if it was accurate or not. "Are you sure that I'm Adelaine?"

"At first, I kind of doubted your true identity," She felt the blond's chest vibrate as he spoke, "But I saw the scar on your chest. The same scar that you had when you were shot."

Chanel tilted her head up a bit, "What happened to the man that shot Adel – I mean me."

Michael's eyes darkened as a vein jumped in his jaw, "I killed him. I couldn't let him go after what he did to you. He took you away from me."