chapter ten

CHAPTER TEN

SCARED TO BE LONELY

IT TOOK TWO DAYS FOR MICHAEL to finally address his grandmother's death. Adelaine noticed how he seemed to enjoy her company and how quick he had adjusted to living with her in her small apartment. The ginger didn't seem to mind how clingy he was to her – always holding her hand, always wrapping his arms around her waist, and always going where she was going, well except for work. It took a lot of convincing just for Michael to finally let her out of the apartment. He was scared that she will never return, but she assured him by telling her that she will be home in time. And when she finally finished her shift, she went home to the Langdon boy waiting patiently for her at the door, clasping the small wristwatch she gave him before she left.

Standing up from the floor, he had immediately hugged her, his arms tight around her waist as if it was a few months since they had seen each other. Michael's warm touch immediately relieved the ginger's stress from a long day at work.

"Miss me?" She had joked when he finally let her go. Michael smiled sheepishly, his large hands still lingering in her waist. If anyone would have seen them together, Adelaine was aware that people will think that they were a couple. But she knew that the Langdon boy just loved being touched and loved like any sheltered teenager foreign to it. And he just lost someone he loved dearly so it was fairly understandable that he needed comfort from someone his age. The feeling of someone needing her was so good and she could drown in it, but she was aware that she shouldn't get used to it. One day, she'll wake up and he won't be needing her anymore. The thought was enough to make her feel devastated.

"Adelaine?" Michael asked, pulling her out of her train of thoughts. His hand slightly touched hers as he looked worriedly into her eyes. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." She assured the blond boy, her lips curling up into a smile. "I'm just thinking about doing something with you after breakfast."

"Really?" His blue eyes lit up with excitement, as he squeezed her hand tighter, "What is it?"

"Well, since we talked about your grandmother a while ago," Adelaine bit her lip, unsure of how the Langdon boy would react to her bringing up Constance. "We could do an activity to honor her."

"What kind of activity?" Michael asked, frowning a bit. The ginger swore she could almost identify his nervousness when she glanced at him from across the table.

"You'll see."

۞۞۞