chapter eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

AWKWARD ENCOUNTER 

MICHAEL DIDN'T WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE after what happened. He didn't want to let go of Adelaine either, scared that she will leave him too. He cried for almost an hour, his arms around her waist as his salty tears soaked her beige uniform. The ginger didn't want to leave him alone at his current state as well, so she called in sick at work.

After two hours, when Michael had finally calmed down a bit, Adelaine offered to take him to her apartment. The blond only nodded his head as he kept his arms wrapped around her waist, refusing to let go. The people in the streets probably thought they were a couple as they passed by the two who were clinging to each other like their lives depended on it.

"Ads?" The ginger stopped in her tracks when she heard a familiar male voice behind her. The ginger's breath hitched upon recognizing whom the voice belonged to. Upon the action, she felt Michael stiffen beside her as she slowly turned around to face the man.

"Wil, hey," Adelaine greeted him with a forced smile as she mentally face palmed herself. Wilhelm returned the gesture, his eyes narrowed when it finally landed on the other male clinging to her side. The taste of confusion bursted from the tip of the ginger's tongue, coating her mouth.

"Are you okay?" Wil asked her, his brown eyes flitting from Michael to hers. His mouth widened upon seeing the dried blood coating her orange hair, the light of the post a few feet away from them illuminating it. "What happened?"

Wilhelm had always been a sweet and caring guy, Adelaine noted. But out of all the times she had to see him, he chose to appear at that moment. The ginger didn't know what to do as she nervously wrapped an arm around Michael's waist, feeling his body heat up even more upon the presence of another guy.

"I'm fine," Adelaine quickly dismissed him, shrugging off his concern, "It's just an accident,"

Wil's eyes glanced at the blond boy accusingly, "Did he hurt you?" The ginger felt Michael tense even beside her upon the accusation. "I'm taking you to the hospital, right now,"

The newcomer made the mistake of reaching out to Adelaine. Michael quickly pushed him off a bit, his breathing labored and hands curled at his sides.

"Stay away," The Langdon boy warned, his teeth bared menacingly, "Don't touch her,"

"Who the hell is this guy, Adelaine?" Wil seethed, his eyes dark as he glared at the blond, "And why is he acting like your personal guard dog?"

"Wil, I'm okay," Adelaine snapped, grabbing onto Michael's hand. The Langdon boy seemed to calm down once her skin came into contact with his, his blue eyes giving her a side glance. "Just go, please,"