chapter twenty-six

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CONFRONTATION

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIXCONFRONTATION

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

FOR THE REST OF THE DAY, Chanel decided to avoid Langdon at all costs, which wasn’t that hard considering he hardly left his office. She refused to hang out with her sister and the other survivors in the gathering room by the fireplace after dinner. Instead, she headed towards her room and just laid in bed, enjoying the silence and the dullness that seemed to attached itself to her tongue. The ginger did her best to ignore the lingering scent of pine trees and sunshine as she distracted herself with the Greek mythology book she borrowed from the library but she couldn’t seem to focus on any of the story. Her mind was restless again as if it was trying to make her remember something. But remembering only brought her confusion and pain since she couldn’t understand all the things that had suddenly invaded her mind in a short period of time. Somehow, Langdon’s arrival had triggered the unwanted memories to come flooding back into her head.

Closing the mythology book rather loudly, all Chanel wanted to was to scream in frustration. She didn’t know that her life was going to get worse than before. Her only problem before Langdon’s arrival was the dull taste in her tongue because of the Apocalypse and her residence in the Outpost. But now, her brain was being assaulted by memories that might not really exist. Maybe she was probably going through cabin fever because of the long amount time she was holed up in one place. Cabin fever can cause hallucinations or maybe even drive someone insane. The ginger shivered at the thought. Going insane wasn’t a far-fetched idea in the Apocalypse anymore. Maybe it was better than living the rest of the days in confusion.

Chanel didn’t know long she was dozing off when she heard the soft knocks on her door. Letting out a deep breath, she scrambled out of bed and unlocked her door. Timothy and Emily stood at the other end, looking distraught and confused as their eyes both snapped towards her.

She raised an eyebrow at them, not fond of having a company at the moment, “Can I help you?”

“Can we come inside?” It was Timothy who asked her. Honestly, she wanted to be alone with her thoughts, but when she tasted their confusion on her tongue, she agreed to let them in. The two reluctantly slipped inside, their hands intertwined together. The ginger was forced to look away because it was only causing unwanted memories to resurface.

“So, what can I do for you?” She finally asked as she turned to face the two teenagers, gesturing towards her bed. Emily pulled her lover towards the soft sheets as they both looked at each other, seemingly having a mental conversation with each other. “Well?”

Chanel didn’t mean to snap at them, but she wasn’t in a good mood. Her emotions were all over the place and all she wanted was to be alone. But her curiosity was getting the best of her so she needed to know whatever they had to say.