chapter twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE

CO-WORKER'S BROTHER 

AFTER EATING LUNCH WITH MICHAEL, Adelaine got ready for work. She threw her tangled orange hair up in a high ponytail after slipping  her bland uniform on. Michael quietly sat in the loveseat, his legs crossed as he played with a toy horse.

The ginger bought the blond two tubs of ice cream, one a cookie dough flavor and chocolate – turns out, he really loved the flavor. Michael was giddy over the sweets, but his mood changed when he realized she had to go to work. He seemed to hate it when she had to go somewhere without him. He always waited for her at the door, even though she got off of work at midnight. It was a weird comparison to make, but the Langdon boy reminded her of a protective little puppy. Sweets make him happy and he liked it when she was close. He was also really warm and Adelaine didn't even need a blanket whenever his arms were wrapped around her. Sometimes, when he was scared, she was the big spoon. The blond had a thing for cuddling and he said once that it made him really comfortable. The ginger, on the other hand, never liked intimacy or people touching her. But it was different now. Whenever Michael wasn't close to her, it was like she couldn't breath. There was nothing on her tongue, and she felt numb, void of any emotions.

The ginger didn't know how much she wanted to feel again, until she met the Langdon boy. Now, she didn't really know how life will be like when he finally leaves her.

"Michael?" She called out, chewing on her lower lip. The blond placed his toy down and walked carefully towards her, like an obedient child. "I'll be going now." She pointed towards the fridge, "There's some cold pizza in there. I thought you how to heat it up in the microwave, remember?" Adelaine pressed her lips on his cheek gently, "I'll be back before you know it."

Michael wrapped his arms around her, engulfing her into a tight hug, "Be careful, okay? I'll wait for you to get home."

The ginger nodded, before waving and closing the door behind her. She wrapped her arms around herself, already craving the feeling of the blond's arms around her. As she crossed the road, Adelaine couldn't get Michael's icy blue eyes and fluffy blond hair off of her head. It had only been a minute, but she missed him like crazy already. The ginger wanted to run back to her apartment and just stay there all day, cuddling with the Langdon boy. But she couldn't.

Pull yourself together Ads, She scolded herself as she pulled at the hems of her button up shirt, Or you'll lose your mind.

Adelaine let out a sigh when she finally arrived at the convenience store. She pushed the door open, immediately spotting her female co-worker chugging down some frizzy cotton candy drink.