chapter twenty-two

• इन्हें समर्पित: lustdust-

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

TWO LIVES

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

THE WORLD WAS FULL OF DIFFERENT TASTES AND FLAVORS, like a feast. Every emotions were unique from each other and no feeling was ever the same. There were different intensities and distinctions of anger, sadness, happiness, etc. Even humans have their own flavor that was reflected from their personalities or their favorite food. If Chanel can identify herself, she'll probably taste like cherries. It was one of her most favorite fruit. But she couldn't tell for sure. Out of all the people in the world, her ability didn't really worked on her. Sometimes, being an empath sucked because humans feel a lot of emotions. At least, before the apocalypse.

The bombs falling down from the sky and destroying the world changed everything. All the ginger ever tasted since then was the dullness of death and decomposition. Even the people in the Outpost that she was in had that distinct flavor of bitterness in them from being touched lightly by death. It was like whatever was outside had tainted them and their souls forever. Chanel doubted if there was still hope for them or they will all die when the supplies finally run out.

Her sister, Coco, tasted strongly of flowers and an overpowering perfume. She was aware of the older Vanderbilt's vanity and love for always looking good. Coco was hard to put up with, but a part of Chanel loved her sister no matter what. After all, they were the only family left after their parents and younger brother died in the blast. Gallant, her sister's hairdresser, was leaking the spiciness of lust. Whenever he was around, the ginger could feel his need to be touched by someone, preferably a male. It was hard to be around Gallant sometimes because of that. But he was surely better than his grandmother, who reeked of pride. Evie was an elegant woman who opened her mouth only to brag about her life. Sometimes, Chanel wondered why people like her survived, when she was sure that more innocent humans deserved to live than her. She couldn't even get started on the Stevens. Chanel never talked to them, especially Dinah, but she could almost taste the darkness in them – more so from Dinah again – like they had done something so evil that it clung to their soul.

Timothy and Emily, on the other hand, were full of love and childlike innocence. However, there was curiosity within Emily that was dangerous and could potentially get her killed. Chanel liked the two of them the most, along with Mallory. She could feel something strange and powerful buzzing inside the young Gray, almost comparable to her empathic ability. But Mallory's energy was much  grander, just waiting to be unleashed. Chanel didn't understand why her sister treated the brunette like a slave.

elysium . michael langdonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें