chapter nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN

THE BEACH TRIP

THE REST OF THE NIGHT WENT BETTER than Adelaine had expected. They rode as much rides as they could, Michael enjoying every single ride. Well except the roller coaster. The blond had gripped her hand so tight she thought it will break. But other than that, he seemed to have fun, the ginger spotting the childish gleam in his eyes as he stared at the colorful lights and the tall rides. People were still staring at him, but it went unnoticed as they walked around and lined up, his hands either gripping hers or his arm gripping her waist.

Sweetness lingered in the air and stayed on her tongue, but Adelaine didn't mind. She was happy as well. For the first time in her life, she didn't felt alone and she was happy. It felt like she could burst with glee at the moment as she looked up into Michael's sparkling blue eyes. She swore that she could almost feel his happiness, even though she couldn't identify his emotions. Despite all the things she learned about him, the ginger was finding it hard not to like the blond. She had not slept much last night thinking about everything. Adelaine wanted to tell the Langdon boy that she knewabout his dark past, but she didn't know how. She also wasn't sure how she'll react and how it will affect their relationship. Truth be told, she wanted them to stay that way, like friends, without a nasty secret keeping them apart. But she knew it was impossible. She'd have to tell him sooner or later. The ginger didn't like keeping secrets from Michael.

"Adelaine?" Michael's voice snapped her back to reality, her eyes darting over to his blue ones. She raised an eyebrow at him as she took a sip from her lime soda.

"Yeah?"

The blond licked his lips as his clubhouse sandwich hanged in the air, "What ride should we try next?"

Adelaine shrugged, "The Ferris wheel?"

The Langdon boy smiled, "The Ferris wheel it is."

Sighing contently, the ginger cannot contain her happiness as they made their way to the circular ride, their hands clasped together. Joy bubbled inside her as the cool night wind blew her way, her dress almost hiking up, but she held it down. Adelaine had never felt so free in her life. it was like she was finally her – an eighteen year old that didn't want to think about tomorrow. She hoped that the night will never end and that she could stay with Michael at the amusement park forever. The trip was supposed to be a surprise for him, but it seemed like she was the one enjoying it more.