chapter sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

SICK TIMES

ADELAINE'S HEAD POUNDED LIKE CRAZY when she woke up the next day. Her world was spinning when she squeezed her eyes open, the dim sunlight of dawn seeping through the windows of her room. Her mind were hazy as she looked around, her eyes landing on the oversized shirt she was wearing. The sight seemed to wake her up completely, her heart racing upon trying to remember what happened last night. Her bedroom seemed empty but the smell of pine trees and sunshine lingered on the air, the scent seemed to be coming off of the clothes she was wearing.

The ginger blushed when she remembered what happened before she lost her consciousness. She had hit her head against the shower knob, completely knocking her unconscious. Michael found her on the floor, blood staining his hands. He had to be the one who dressed her. The blond definitely saw her naked. She mentally face palmed at the thought.

The door to her room opened, Michael walking inside with his eyes already inspecting her body from head to toe. He immediately made her way towards her, wrapping his arms around her waist and pushing her body closer to his. Warmth engulfed her like someone had lit a flame next to her. She inched closer to his, enjoying the familiar feeling of their bodies pressed together.

"How are you feeling, Adelaine?" He looked into her eyes, pushing the hair away from her face, "Are you dizzy? Does your head still ache?"

She placed a palm on his cheek, her lips curling up, "I'm still a bit dizzy, but I'm fine now."

The blond let out a sigh of relief, "Thank you so much," He said in a low voice, to one in particular.

The ginger snuggled closer to the Langdon boy's body, inhaling his soothing scent, "Are you... the one who dressed me?"

"Yeah," He said in a nonchalant tone, like it was the most normal thing. "I didn't want to put you to bed naked. It will be unpleasant and uncomfortable."

Adelaine gulped, trying to forget about the embarrassment she was feeling at Michael seeing her naked, "Okay. Thank you so much for taking care of me."

He lifted her chin up with his fingers, "Please don't do that again, okay? You really scared me."

"I won't make any promises, but I'll try to be careful from now on." She assured him, wanting to see his beautiful smile again. Michael seemed to be satisfied with his answer, planting a kiss on her forehead tenderly.