Forever

2 Years Later

Reid

I slowly entered the house, closing the minimalist door behind me.

Claire and I's lives have changed drastically; with each year we deal with more surprises, hardships, and trials than imaginable, but we're still standing.

We've welcomed another son, Damon Teegan Braxton. Cole couldn't wait to be an older brother, and now that Damon's here he couldn't be more protective of him; they remind me of Reese and myself.

Giggles and cheering echoed through the foyer, Claire and the kids.

Whenever Claire's not working on her ever so successful fashion line, she's playing with our sons, it's one of her favorite pastimes.

I walked through the large, open area, passing all of our photos embedded on the wall. Pictures of Claire and I, the Cobras, the Hamptons, the Braxtons, our sons, and a multitude of friends coated the walls.

I stopped in front of my favorite pictures, our family portraits. We were all dressed in white, pristine and magnificent. Claire wore a long, flowy white dress, Cole, Damon, and I matched, wearing a silky white button up shirt and a nice pair of slacks, all of us with bare feet.

In the first, I held Cole in one arm, while my other arm was displayed around Claire, who held Damon, so small and swaddled. Cole had the biggest smile on his face, whereas Damon fell into a deep slumber.

I continued to the next one, Claire and I. Her beautiful dress, tailored herself, flew in the wind, out foreheads resting against each other as we held one another, standing in the middle of tranquility.

I chuckled to myself, walking to Cole and Damon's photo. Cole held a sleeping Damon close to him, donning a big smile as both of them sat on the ground.

My boys.

I snapped out of my daze, walking up the stairs to our living room, the giggles getting louder.

Claire sat on the floor near the large, gray sofa, holding Damon in the air while Cole ran around both of them, singing his favorite song.

I laughed quietly, propping myself against the doorway.

"The rocket ship is coming down, kisses kisses kisses!"

Cole ran to his mother and Damon, giving them an abundance of kisses, Damon took them all, trying his best to mock the sounds of kisses.

"Can daddy get some too?"

All of their heads turned in my direction, Claire's smile widened and Damon began to babble.

"Daddy!" Cole shouted before running into my arms, showering me with kisses.

Claire stood up with Damon in her arms.

"Hello, daddy." Claire giggled with a smile, kissing me before handing Damon to me.

"Daddy, I drew today!" Cole ran to his room, coming back with a colorful drawing.

"This is you, this is mommy, this is me, and that's Damon." I took the paper from him, amazed at the little family portrait.

"We're raising an artist." I gasped with a smile.

Claire took Cole in her arms, kissing his full, pink cheek.

"We are." She smiled.

Damon reached for Cole, outstretching his little chubby hand, Cole took it and gently shook it.

I couldn't be more proud of Claire and I, we're happy and successful, maintaining a healthy marriage while raising two spirited boys.

I tucked Cole in and left a kiss on his cool forehead, clicking his lightswitch off before closing the door.

Claire came out of Damon's room, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Showered and out cold?"

"Showered and out cold." I nodded with a smile, lowering myself to taste her.

She pulled away, smiling at me.

"How was work?"

"Good, the Cobras are still in the lead and my other businesses are flourishing, how's CVD going?"

"Well, Selene's landing more deals, and the upcoming fashion shows are running smoothly."

"Now that we've discussed that."

Claire quietly squealed as I picked her up bridal style, leading her upstairs to our room.

"We've got to be quiet." She laughed, pulling me into a lust filled kiss.

I closed the door with my foot, throwing her on the fluffy bed.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Mommy, Daddy, Mommy, Daddy." Cole jumped up and down on our bed, serving as our personal weekend alarm.

I woke up with a groggy chuckle.

"Let's let mommy sleep a little more, huh?" Cole nodded, raising his arms for me to pick him up.

"We're going to brush our teeth, get dressed, and start breakfast with Damon, okay?"

"Okay." Cole nodded yet again.

Cole and I walked to Damon's room, taking him out of his crib. I walked the boys to our large family bathroom, Cole and I brushed our teeth, while Damon quietly watched, waiting for his turn.

I dressed them, allowing Cole to run to the kitchen.

Beginning breakfast with them was my favorite part of the day.

Cole reminds me of Claire, he's full of energy, outspoken, spunky and wise.

Whereas Damon reminds me of myself, he's reserved, intelligent, introverted, and comical when he wants to be.

"Our cousins are coming today!" Cole smiled while washing fresh strawberries.

"They are." I nodded, letting Damon eat a sliced banana.

"Grandpa Apollo?" Damon asked with a banana stuffed in his mouth.

"Possibly." I winked while tickling him.

"I smell breakfast."

Claire came downstairs, fresh and happy. She gave me a kiss and stole a strawberry before checking on the boys.

"I wanna help." She smiled, helping Cole wash the fruit.

I looked at my busy family, admiring all of them. I felt a wave of happiness and relief wash over me. I know we'll be alright, I know I'll be alright, with my family as my greatest weakness and my greatest strength, I know I'll make it.

~

As always, love you and don't forget to comment and vote!

-Until next time, lovers 🎈