Now and Forever

Claire

"It's not fair- he's your exact replica." I groaned, uncomfortably shifting in the warm bed.

"Some women cry to the father of their children about the opposite of this problem." He laughed while grabbing an outfit out of the bag for me.

I watched Cole sleep peacefully, his beautiful features naturally rested.

"He has your fair pale-ish skin, curly brown hair, narrow nose, pink lips.." I trailed off, holding on to his little fist.

"He looks fully Caucasian, Reid." I wiped the small tears falling out eyes away and sniffled.

Of course I'll love my baby no matter what he looks like, but I expected to see more of myself in him.  If not myself, at least one of my family members.

Reid fell onto the plush couch and laughed for two minutes, which only upset me further.

"You know he's going to grow into your genes, he's only a few hours old, baby."

I sighed, knowing he was right.

"Here, change your clothes, I'll watch him while you take a much needed nap."

I stood up, taking Reid's hand and giving him a soft kiss while taking the clothes.

My eyes blinked open, my mother had Cole enveloped in her brown arms, gawking at him lovingly. Emmy and Sady jumped to me once they saw me blinking to clear my blurred vision.

"Mama, Emmy, Sady." I laughed while embracing Emmy and Sady.

"You're a mommy! We have a beautiful nephew!" Sady sobbed while hugging me, trying her best to avoid the tubes in my arms.

I laughed, clutching onto them for dear life.

Reid entered the room with a handful of food, smiling once he saw me. Emmy and Sady left me, Sady ran to take Cole from mama.

"You did it, sweetheart." My mom gently cried while hugging me.

"..and you named him 'Cole.'" She sniffled, I nodded, a single tear falling down my face, she wiped it away, kissing my forehead.

"Here you go, ma." My mother smiled and took the wrapped sandwich from Reid.

"Thank you, sonny." She smiled, embracing him.

Reid sat next to me, wrapping his arm around me and gently pulling me closer. We watched as Sady sat with Cole in her arms, surrounded by Emmy and mom.

"I brought you some soup."

I laughed and kissed his cheek, interlacing his hand in mine.

"Look how pretty! He has big brown eyes!" Camilla squealed, holding the small boy in her hands.

"Gimme!" Jessie ordered, benevolently taking the baby from Camilla's arms.

Laurie sat on my bed with Mal, raging on about the future.

I smiled, happy that everyone was cordial enough to peacefully exist in the same room.

Reid, Rico, and Brooks conversed in the corner. Mikey watched over Cole, aiding him from arm to arm as if he were his guardian.

"Henry will be here tomorrow, he had to watch Giselle." Laurie nodded.

"Great, I can't wait for him to meet Cole." I smiled, taking a sip of the cold water by my bedside.

Camilla and Jessie argued over the baby, Mikey made it all subside, taking Cole from both of them.

He came to my side, sitting in the chair stationed next to me.

"You already have a claim on my son?" I jokingly accused.

"Yes, I do." He nodded, returning my playfulness.

He whispered to Cole before handing him over to me, I eagerly took my child, wrapping my warm arms around his small frame.

"Hello, baby, mommy missed you." Mal and Laurie gushed over me as they watched.

I allowed Cole to wrap his small hand around my index finger, his pale complexion differentiated my deep brown skin.

Mal kissed me, then Cole's hand, leaving because she had to be at work early tomorrow. Camilla had to convince Jessie to leave with her, he begrudgingly left, leaving Cole and me with plenty of kisses, all of them left us with a plethora of gifts.

Brooks and Mikey refused to leave, they wanted to guard my room until I left the hospital, and I could not convince them otherwise.

Reid snuggled in bed with Cole and I once all of our visitors left, wrapping his arms around us without smothering Cole.

"Reese is coming tomorrow, he's ecstatic."

I laughed with a nod, excited.

"I'm so happy Reid, we have a family." I smiled, leaning on his chest.

"We do, firecracker.. we do."

Reid

I snuggled Cole into a snug, creamy, hand-stitched footie and matching hat. I showered him with kisses as I slowly lifted him and safely buckled him into his car seat.

"We're going home today, Cole." I cooed, holding his small pink hand.

My son is turning me into such a pussy.

I felt Claire's small arms wrap around my torso, I turned around, bending down to kiss her. Claire wore a baggy black cardigan over a white shirt reading 'women don't owe you shit,' with a pair of loose yoga pants that hugged her ass perfectly.

Her growing hair gracefully fell over her shoulders, flowing with her movements.

After Cole, the best thing about her pregnancy was the... evolution, her ass was bigger, her breasts were bigger, giving her the shape of a toned hourglass, her skin is beautiful, gleaming, and bright, and her hair grew well beyond what it was, not that I don't like it short, but I enjoy having a lot to pull during sex.

These four to six weeks can't go by fast enough.

"I'm ready husband-slash-baby daddy." She smiled, causing me to laugh at her dorkiness.

I kissed her once more, grabbing all of her bags as she took Cole's carrier.

We left the mansion as a newlywed couple, expecting a baby boy, and we'll come back as a new, small family.

Life is crazy.

~

We're coming to an end, soon, I just cannot wait to thank all of you :). As always, love you and don't forget to comment and vote!

Q: A boy runs home, makes three lefts, and finds two masked men waiting for him, what happened?

A: The boy is a baseball player. He runs to home plate and finds the umpire and the catcher waiting for him.

-Until next time, lovers 🎈