Awareness

Emmy twirled the millennial pink flat iron down and another wavy curl fell in front of my face, she quickly swept it away and neatly brushed it back with the other curled strands of hair.  To finish it off she sprayed two quick sprays of spritz on my wavy bob and gently fluffed it with her tiny hands.

"Geez, Claire, he spoils you." Sady gushed while staring at my dress for tonight's gala.

It's been roughly over a month since I've been in contact with my family again and I couldn't be happier.  I've needed sisterly advice and motherly love that only my sisters and mother could give me.

Everything comes with a price in this life, though.  They don't know, but Reid has detail tailing them every hour of the day.  He ran the idea by me and I couldn't decline, I would hate for them to fall into any harm because of me.

Of course, I couldn't tell them all  the strings involved with my temporary absence, so the lie of me needing to have a little "self-discovery" time after my breakup with Adam came along.  They believed it because, just like Mal, they hate Adam and knew what I had to go through; so they agreed with my "choice".

As far as they're concerned, me meeting Reid and the rest of the gang was just a plus to my attempt of trying to find myself.

"You're so beautiful, Claire, we're so glad to see you." Emmy hugged me then pulled away to slightly adjust my hair.

My relationship with my family hasn't been the best over the past few years and it's taken a toll on me, hell, this is the best it's been in years.  My relationship with Adam practically ruined every other relationship I had.

In his mind, all of my time needed to go to him or making money for us, or else I didn't love him or care about our future.  I was weak enough to believe it, I almost let it completely destroy me.

But, I got out of it.  I may have come out with more issues than anyone would like, but I still applaud myself.  Bad bitches take it one day at a time.

I turned to face the dress Reid bought me, exclusively for the gala.  I insisted on buying something myself, but he always has it his way, I'm not complaining, though, the dress is beautiful.

It's an all black sequin dress with two long slits to reveal my long mocha legs, and adjustable spaghetti straps, which cross in the back.  It's low cut, adding a little bit of depth to the shape of my ass.

"It's just for a special occasion."  I laughed as I admired the beautiful dress while pushing in the custom golden stud earrings Reid ordered for me.

"Oh, I saw your new closet, Claire, special occasion my ass." Sady chuckled as she fell onto my bed.

"It's about time, my baby sister deserves all of it, both of you deserve the best." Emmy replied while unplugging the flat irons.

"I agree, Adam could never." Sady added, making all of us giggle.

"Come on, we have to get her in the dress." Emmy said through childish giggles.

I effortlessly slid into the perfect-fitting dress, my legs glistening, my skin beaming, and my smile gleaming.

"Absolutely beautiful." Emmy smiled as Sady took pictures for my mom.

"Reid is so lucky." Sady giggled while snapping away.

"I am, aren't I?"

We all turned to see Reid in the doorway, I couldn't help but smile, we matched perfectly.

Reid wore a slim, black Armani suit, with a deep gold dress shirt, and a brand new pair of black Alexander McQueen loafers; accompanied with a golden, diamond-encrusted Bustdown watch with matching earrings.