A Girl's Best Friend

With careful thought and consideration, I've decided I need to chill out a little.  The bad bitch is still there, though.

I've picked up reading and sewing again.  Reid is more than comfortable with allowing me to go to the book or fabric store, with supervision, of course.

"Shame on you, Rose." I sighed to myself as I watched the Titanic for the fifth time.  I sat in front of the TV with a wool blanket wrapped around my shoulders, the volume of the TV is very low, considering the fact that it's 3 in the morning.

As Rose pried Jack's frozen fingers off of her door, saving her from damnation, a slight commotion came from the hallway.  Penny looked up from her resting place next to me on the floor and looked to the door, as if she were telling me to look.

I peaked my head out to see Reid resting his head and forearm on his door, his shoulders unevenly rising and falling.

I quietly approached him, further examining him.  He isn't crying, he doesn't look too sad, he looks more stressed and irritated; I decided that it's best I don't touch him.

"You aren't supposed to be up." Reid said without flinching or looking up, a little louder than I expected, causing me to jump.

"I'm rewatching the Titanic, what's wrong?"

"Nothing." He replied in monotone, opening the door and closing it behind him.  Never glancing at me once.

I woke up at 4 in the afternoon, hey, that's what happens when you stay up all night binging 90's movies and wondering what's wrong with aloof douchebags. The smell of fresh BLT's lured me into the kitchen. 

Going down the stairwell I heard a familiar voice echoing throughout the house, but it couldn't be possible.  I stopped at the kitchen to see Mal sitting on one of the bar stools pulled closer to the island, chatting with Rico and Laurie while taking small bites of her BLT.

"Mal!" I shouted with a big smile, running to her and throwing myself into her arms.

"Claire, I missed you!" She smiled in reply, tightening her hold on me.

"How did you get here?"

"Two big guys said they needed me to come with them, at first I thought they were hot kidnappers, then they told me about you so I came." Mal shrugged while chomping her sandwich, if only she knew she was half-right initially.

"I'm so glad you're here!" I smiled while holding her hand.

"Me too, we're going to have so much fun- and don't worry I know you can't leave the house right now." I looked to Laurie and she gave me a thumbs up, I assume they knew Mal would most likely want to do something Reid wouldn't approve of so they gave her a good excuse.

"I can't wait, let's go." I squealed while pulling Mal towards the stairway.

"My sandwich." She groaned while I dragged her away.

"It's so weird, it's almost like you and Adam's old room." Mal said while playing with my tapestries.

"Yeah, minus all of his ugly Star Trek shit." I replied while spitting my minty mouthwash out.

"I'll be right back."

I walked out of the bathroom and into my room, in search of my floss.  I found it and made my way to the bathroom again, on the way I ran into Reid, dressed in all black.  It's funny, you wouldn't see, let alone notice, his golden pistol unless you knew where to look.  I know where to look.

"You let her over?" I asked while playing with Reid's cold pendant lying on my chest.

"Yes, I assumed you needed her." Reid shrugged while cooly sticking one hand into his pocket.