Unfinished Business

I giggled, examining the long steel rod burning a column in my hand.

"Don't pay attention for a little while, baby, mommy has some unfinished business to deal with."

I turned on my heel to face Navarro, a wicked smile painting my face.

"I'm tapping you out in 30 minutes, Claire, Reid's orders."

I sighed at Cal, letting out a bit of a whine.  Reid never lets me have any fun.

"That's so not fair- exercise is good for the baby."

"I'm pretty sure this isn't the aforementioned excersie." Cal shrugged.

I groaned, sucking my teeth as Cal left the room.

I slowly approached Navarro with the heavy rod in my hand.

"C-Claire.." He coughed out.

Navarro was brutally beaten, hanging on to life by a thin string.  I've never seen Reid damage someone to this point, not even someone with a plentiful bounty on their hands, well, nobody besides Adam- may his soul rest in hell.

"I- I know this life isn't for you Claire.. no matter how hard you act, you have a heart." He grunted out, shifting as much as he could, bound to a chair.

I laughed at his antics, shaking my head at his attempt of saving himself.

"I'd have my men pay you a large sum if you were to let me go."

I sighed, weighing the rod.

"Think of a better, safer, life for you... your son."

"Navarro, Navarro, Navarro." I clicked my tongue, circling him.

I sent the cold, hard rod to his face at full force, feeling the vibration of the impact in my palms.

"Never mention my child ever again." I seethed, watching the blood drip from his eye.

"Besides, my unborn son has more money than you." I laughed.

He coughed, looking up at the lone, luminous light bulb.

"You know, you could have killed me, or gotten me killed either one." I shrugged.

"-please believe me when I say this is way better than the outcome of you actually succeeding."

I swung the rod as if it were a baseball bat and Navarro was my target, directing hitting his abdomen.

A concoction of spit and blood flew out of Navarro's mouth and I slightly jumped away before it hit me, receiving a stinging kick from my baby.

"Oh-" I winced.

"Well, lucky for you my baby has had enough." I smiled.

"Have fun withering." I grinned with a wave.

I left the room and walked down the hallway, meeting Brooks and Mikey outside.

"You still have ten minutes, jefa." Mikey declared while checking his watch.

"I'm done." I smiled.

"How's our nephew doin'?" Brooks smiled as he gently rubbed my huge belly.

"Fine, we would be even better if he stopped kicking me."

"Another Reid." Mikey laughed while punching Brooks' arm.

They laughed boisterously with each other, prompting me to roll my eyes.

"You two are-"

I gasped to myself, watching Brooks and Mikey avert their eyes to the floor.