New Chapters (R)

1 year later

Cole took in a big gust of air, blowing out all of the candles.  The bustling boy opened his squinted eyes to see all of the flames gone and smoke rising, his eyes lit up and he clapped along with the party, sporting a big, toothy grin, revealing his pristine pearly whites.

"Happy birthday, baby." I took Cole in my arms, squeezing him with a spin. 

"Thank you, mama!" Cole gave me a cool kiss, giggling with his little arms around my neck.

Reid swooped in from behind, gently taking Cole in his arms to throw him in the air, swiftly catching him.

"Happy birthday, little man."

"Daddy!" Cole clung on to his father, squealing under his grasp.

I smiled at the two leading males of my life, fighting the tears welling in my eyes.

"Cake time!" I announced to the party, waving the party tenders to cut the cake.

Reid let Cole go, he ran wild, jumping feverishly near the cake.

Reid approached me with a devilish smile, one hand behind his back. I eyed him skeptically, my smile growing.  Reid took his finger covered in sweet white icing, dapping it on my lip with a short "Oops, let me fix it."

Reid drew closer to me, pulling me by my waist.  He took my bottom lip in his mouth, licking the icing off before having his way with me.  I moaned into the adorable kiss, tangling my fingers in his hair.

"Daddy- come!" Cole squealed with icing all over his cheeks.  Reid let out a short chuckle, kissing me before tearing away. 

To be so young he's so eloquently spoken.

I looked away, proud of my growing group of family and friends.

Jessie and Sire sat at the family table with grins plastered on their bright faces, the newlyweds adopted two girls, Ashton and Gabi, with more to come.  Sire released Ashton and Gabi to play, they immediately ran to Cole, giving him big hugs.  I laughed at them, adjusting my eyes to the table once more.

Laurie and Henry sat next to them, they're engaged, about time.  Giselle sat between both of them, beginning to get antsy.  I laughed at the small family, looking to the right of them.

Brooks, Ekemma, his new girlfriend, Mikey, and Adrianna all bubbled together.  Ekemma's a kind girl from Lagos, she and Brooks have been going steady for a while and I'm happy for them, they deserve each other.  Mikey, on the other hand, has sworn off dating to focus on Adrianna when he's not focusing on the Cobras.  Nonetheless, they're all happy.

Adrianna skipped off to the rest of the children, taking Giselle with her. 

Rico and Camilla sat down shortly after, adjusting their clothing.  I smirked to myself, shaking my head.  Other than Mikey, Camilla and Rico are the only single Cobras, naturally, they decided to sleep with each other, no strings attached and they like it that way.

Camilla now has long, wavy red hair, it took a while to get used to, but she looks astonishing.

I looked to the next family table, my mom sat, talking to Reese who held Renee in his arms, both of them were laughing heartily.  Sady sat next to them, giving everyone a piece of cake, she kissed Reese and took Renee, playing with the bouncing toddler.

Reese and Sady decided to date, taking their time and connecting to each other.  Sady helps with Renee and Reese supports Sady in everything she does, all of my family loves Reese and I couldn't be happier for them.