The Maldives

"Make sure you pack the white swimsuit- the one that makes your ass look fat."

"What about the yellow two piece?"

"OH- pack that one too, switch it with the midkini."

"Okay."

I took the floral midkini out of it's designated place in my suitcase and set the sunflower yellow two piece in its place.

I'd been told two hours prior to pack for the annual Cobra Holiday Getaway, Laurie and I have been up since 4 in the morning, packing and preparing me for the trip to the Maldives.  We packed swimsuits, tank tops, shorts, and other summer clothes for the humid weather of the Maldives this time of year, differing from the bitter weather of Chicago.

"Don't forget your Birkenstocks, Fenty, Ugg, and Puma slides, we painted your toes for a reason." Laurie added, zipping my solid purple suitcase.

"Slip-on Vans?"

"Ah, can't forget those." Laurie walked to my closet and slide the door open, she pulled out my pair of black and white checkered Vans and sat them in my hand.  I took them and sat them next to my Tory Burch wedge sandals. I zipped the bag and turned to Laurie, she then began to grab the clipboard and run through the list to ensure I had everything.

"All clear." She finished, a big smile on her face as I clapped and jumped up and down out of excitement, as if I were a giddy schoolgirl.

Laurie grabbed my purple suitcase and began to roll it towards the door, I grabbed my YSL tote, filled with other necessities, and shades then made my way to the door with my rose gold suitcase in hand.

Laurie opened the door and Reid stood in front of it, his space gray phone in his left hand, firmly pressed against his ear, as he barked down orders into the phone. Laurie gave me a chaste kiss on the cheek and left with a wink.

"Yes, three men at every wing of the house at all times- if you even suspect a mouse you are to call me." Reid spat out, his dour manner dared anyone to try him.  The man on the receiving end replied with a 'Yes, sir' and Reid hung up.

He grabbed both of my suitcases in hand, as if they were weightless, and made his way to the stairwell.

"What about your bags?"

"Already in the car."

I followed behind Reid intently, he opened the door, exposing us to the frigid air of the North.  I jammed my hands into the fleece pockets of my coat as I shivered a little, my anticipation of the constant sun and warmth of the Maldives building .

"Please make sure to take care of Penny," I nodded at the security detail at the door, who would be there for the entirety of our trip.

One thing I've always loved about Penny is how low-maintenance she is. The feline often cuddles into one room and stays there, she actually dislikes being around people. The only time Penny embraces any attention is when she's tired and wants affection.

All she needs is food and a quiet space, preferably with a view. Other than that, she stays out of everyone's way.

Reid led us to his Magnetite black G Wagon and neatly sat my bags next to his in the backseat, I glanced over to see Laurie and Henry putting their bags in Henry's Audi and the others getting into Mikey's Range Rover.

"We're riding separately?"

"Yes, saves a lot of hassle." I rolled my eyes at his statement, saves a lot of hassle.

"Are you going to get in, or must I force you?" I looked over to see Reid standing by the passenger door, leaning on it impatiently. I rolled my eyes again and he let out a short sigh.