My Dear Brother

1 Month Later

Cal sat his crutches down, plopping next to me on the couch. He took a carrot out of my bowl and chomped it, I closed my book, ferociously eyeing him.

"I asked if you wanted your own."

"Didn't then, do now." He shrugged, taking another carrot.

I rolled my eyes, sliding the bowl to him.

"Claire, can you come to Reid's office for a second?" Camilla echoed from the top of the stairs. I tossed the remote to Cal and walked upstairs, meeting Camilla.

"What's up?"

"We found Navarro's little helpers." She sighed, walking into Reid's office.

"I knew it was too advanced for him, I told y'all!" Jessie laughed with his hands on his hips.

"What are we talking about?"

"Navarro had help, inside help. That's how he got so close." Mikey nodded.

"Think about it- he had to think of a time she'd be off guard, a place she'd be alone and endangered. It was perfect!" Brooks laughed, shaking his head.

"Well, who was it." I squinted while folding my arms.

"Come." Reid winked.

"Oh, I cannot believe it." I scoffed, looking at the two people tied to chairs.

Jamal and Claudia, the desk attendant Cobra from the Maldives, sat next to each other, their hands bound by ropes.

"Long time no see, white mans whore." Jamal winked.

"Reid, I promise I was only trying to help! Please! Claudia begged, tears and snot running down her face.

I shook my head, sighing.

Reid loaded guns next to me, I eyed Jamal with sympathy, losing a glimpse of it with every blink. He tried to kill me, Claudia, I can understand- the bitch envied me and jealousy is a disease.. apparently, it's a contagious one.

"Reid, I just thought I was the one for you, not her- I'm sorry!" She sobbed, I scoffed and rolled my eyes

"So, telling a rival gang leader all of the personal information you had on me and endangering my girl was the way to go?"

Claudia sobbed louder, causing me to sneer my nose up at her.

"Once a traitor, always a traitor." Reid shrugged.

He put a bullet between Claudia's eyes, Jamal jumped in his seat, I stopped Reid before he could shoot him.

"Why?" I asked, folding my arms.

"You know what you did, you led me on. I was only trying to get even."

"I'm sorry for that, Jamal, but you took it way too far."

I shook my head, waving Reid on again.

"Oh- and I don't shoot up schools, bitch."

Reid shot Jamal, leaving two lifeless, limp bodies in the room.

I can't believe Jamal would do that to me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah.. I'm fine." I sighed, actually meaning it.

"But I really have to throw up, this is gross."

Reid laughed, opening the door for me.

It never gets any easier to witness a murder.

Reid

"Wiggling does you no good, I can tie a good knot."

Remy sat next to me, his wrists bound together and his ankles tied with rope.

We sat in front of Teegan's grave, the air transitioning humidly.

"You've got me, Reid. Kill me. There's no use in sitting with our dead mom and racist grandmother."

"Glad I'm not the only one who knew the old bat was racist."

"Everyone knew, that's why she got hit by a bus." Remy scoffed as if I didn't know.

I nodded, kneeling down to sit next to him.

"I'm not going to grant you the death you pray for." I said, staring at Teegan's beautiful portrait embedded on the tombstone.

"I finally understand you. A few months ago, I would have gladly put a bullet between your eyes, but now? Never."

"That girl is really getting into your head." He chuckled, staring at her portrait as well.

"Maybe, but definitely for the better." I shrugged with a sigh.

"Sometimes I think back onto the things you did to me, the things you continue to do to me, and I pity you. You're stuck, Remy." I began, thinking before I said my words.

"You're stuck in your world of pity and loss." I nodded, watching him.

"Reese and I, we're finally moving on with our lives, even Apollo, and I'd like to think we're making Teegan happy."

Remy scoffed under his breath, rolling his eyes.

"But- you? You're still hell-bent on killing me-"

"If I wanted you dead you'd be dead already."

"I know." I nodded.

I exhaled, running my hands through my hair.

"Change, Remy. If not for Teegan, then for yourself, because all of this shit certainly isn't getting you anywhere."

I stood up, brushing my pants off.

"Leave me and my family alone, if there's a next time it won't be as pretty."

I walked away with the crisp grass crunching under my shoes, popping a small piece of minty gum in my mouth.

"Where are you going- aren't you going to finish this?!"

"It is finished." I retorted without looking behind me.

I slid my shades on, looking at Remy's figure staring at Teegan.

I can only hope for him.

My car roared to life, leaving the past where it belongs.

Claire

I dipped my salty fry into my sweet caramel frappe and took a bite.

"She has the cutest dimples- have you noticed them?" Reese gushed on about Sady, rocking Renee in his arms.

"I have." I nodded, sticking another batch of drenched fries in my mouth.

Reese eyed my snack skeptically.

"It's not an odd combo. Continue." I nodded.

"You sure? My brother constantly dicks you down."

"And I'm constantly on my period- continue."

Reese laughed and shook his head, continuing to gush over Sady.

~

Our story is literally so close to being over- like so freakin close i don't even know what to dooo :(((( I love all of you guys so much, thanks for taking the ride with me. As always, love you and don't forget to comment and vote!

Q: I was started in late November and gained many loyal, wonderful, beautiful, astonishing readers, yet I am soon coming to an end. What am I?

A: Gang Ties.

( lol see what I did there? yeah, ight. love you, byeee )

-Until next time, lovers 🎈