Midnight

1 Month Later

I bit down on his lip, clenching onto the sheets as he ran his hands up my bare back, leaving trails of sparks when he touched me.

He sent his cool, groomed hand down my stomach, snaking them into my pants and underneath my underwear. I moaned and lifted my hips, allowing him more room. He quietly winced under me, I frowned and pulled away.

"No, no, no, I'm fine- come back." He groaned while trying to slide his hand down deeper.

"N-No." I moaned, taking all of the strength I had to pull his hand out.

I sat up and snapped out of my lust, evening my sex-driven breaths.

"Firecracker.."

"No, we're not risking anything." I said as I stood up, clearing my throat.

"I was cleared to have sex days ago." He groaned in reply.

"Yet you wince when you move your arm." I retorted as I opened the drawer of our dresser. He fell onto the bed with a quiet plop.

"We have to get ready for your party anyways." I shrugged as I neatly dug through my countless numbers of shirts.

"I can think of something else I'd rather be doin'." He muttered while coving his face.

I laughed under my breath, pushing through my shirts. I should really put some of my things in the walk-in closet.

I froze in my place once I skimmed past a shirt he bought for me in Paris, trying to fight myself with deep breaths.

Screams and gunshots screeched through my head, my cries for Reid echoed through all of it. The texture of his streaming blood through my trembling finger became sticky, the blood gushing out of the wound in small pools spread to my clean clothes.

"Hey, hey, hey, I'm here, baby, I'm here."

"Claire, you're having a flashback- it's okay. Breathe."

I let out staggered, uneven breaths, dropping the shirt.

"I'm going to touch you- okay?" I slowly nodded, trying to snap into reality.

Reid pulled me closer to him, wrapping his warm, firm arms around me.

"Feel me, I'm here. You're okay. We're okay."

I took deep breaths, slowly wrapping my arms around him.

We're okay.

I evened my breath in his arms, my grip around him tightened, just below his chest. He gently stroked my hair while whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

"I want you to think about seeing the Cobra therapist." I leaned against Reid's warm chest and slowly closed my glossy eyes, allowing the suggestion to float in the air as he held me. 

Reid held my hand in his, he wore a gray turtleneck, covered by a black suit jacket, and matching gray slacks. I looked up at him and smiled, he looked down and planted a loving kiss on my forehead.

I wore a gray off the shoulder jumpsuit, with ruffles at the top of it, I paired it with a pair of black ankle strapped heels.

I pushed my straight hair behind my shoulder and stood up straight.

"You and I." Reid planted a soft kiss on the back of my hand.

"You and I." I smiled.