Thanksgiving Deal

I turned to face him, the crack in my pale white door letting the light of the hallway in, intensifying his 5 o'clock shadow. Whiskey radiated off of him, a scent which not too long ago took over my senses. He took a step forward and the smell of pine fighting the whiskey trying become the victorious aroma became intoxicating.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered.

He paused for a few minutes, then he exhaled- not in an irritated or dissatisfied way; like I've heard him do before, but in a shadowy way; as if he were battling himself.

"Do you want me to leave?" He asked, I couldn't exactly read his expression, tell what he wanted, why he was here; but those 6 little words conflicted me- did I want him to leave?

I stood silently, staring into his gunmetal blue eyes, searching for anything I could get.

"Don't go meet that guy." He said once again, stepping closer.

Of course this is about Jamal, I thought this would be different; I thought this was actually something, I didn't know what kind of something it would be, but I thought it would be. But no, it's him being the controlling bastard he is and trying to control every aspect of my life, again.

"Reid, you don't control everything I do, so if that's what you're here to do you can find the door." I snapped, with every sprinkle of anger and sass I had pent up against him.

"Firecracker, that's not- completely what I want." He started, thinking so he could delicately word his sentences.

"I just- don't make me explain it."

Seeing my frustration with his lack of being able to communicate he took another step closer. He set his large hands on my waist; drawing me in, it was when I felt the cooling sensations of his hands and the golden rings on his left pinky and right ring finger that I remembered I was partially naked at his disposal.

"Just..don't." He said once again, this time looking into my eyes. What the hell does this mean- why is he doing this?

I held my breath while his fingers roamed my hips.

"Don't." He repeated, slowly removing his hands from my waist and leaving the room. What. The. Fuck?

I couldn't sleep, all I could manage to do is toss and turn. I took a quick nap and woke up at 7 A.M, making a beeline to the kitchen for a cup of coffee.

The halls were quiet and still, not usual for this house. When I made it to the kitchen Camilla's waiting for me, the only Cobra in the kitchen- I could go as far as saying the only Cobra in the house, a white porecile coffee mug in her hand. Camilla's attire is similar to the night I got myself into this, she has on a tight, ribbed black long sleeved sweater and black cargo pants, stopping slightly above her ankle; with perfectly tied black Nikes.

"Thank you." I said to her, accepting the coffee; a little surprised because Jessie is usually the person who fixes my coffee. It's weird, I'm adjusting to schedules in the house I'm being held captive in.

"Where is everyone?" I asked settling myself on the white, plush bar stool.

"Preparing for tonight's run." she replied pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Run?" I asked sipping my lukewarm coffee.

"We have a gun deal tonight." She explained sipping out of a black coffee cup, 'BOSS' written in gold calligraphy on the front.

I breathed in, remembering this is what they do. But I couldn't lie, it piqued my interest. Nothing really bad could happen at a gun run, right?

"You're on babysitting duty?" I asked, referring to myself, making Camilla laugh. She'd been put on shift a lot lately.